Favorite upland pants?

puunjob1

FNG
I have the the Bass Pro Readhead pants they work great and are virtually indestructible. I wear them hunting gamble quail in AZ in the desert. They save my legs from the million things that want to cut you out here. Only drawback is if it is hot they don't breath well but I don't know if you get breathable and heavy duty protection. They are also relatively cheap which was nice too.

Filson Double tin chaps are the only thing that has kept the big thorns out for me. But if you hunt more open cover they are probably overkill.

ODB

WKR
i was given a pair of Filson - better than I expected. they get ugly but they work - and that's all that matters

Do you use the regular guide pro, or the work guide pro? I have some regulars, but not sure they'd stand up to much brush. I've been eyeing the guide pro work since they have a little reinforcement over the front of the thigh area.
I have just been using the regular guide pros. They are tough pants.

This for the win. $50-60 on sale...light and fit right. From partridge to roosters, they've got it done for me in many states.
I wear mine chasing upland, big game hunting, coyote hunting etc. They are awesome. I’d say 90% of what KUIU, Firstlite and Sitka pants are for a fraction of the price. You just have to be ok with solid colors. I got over the camo thing several year ago and think its over rated, especially pants…no need for camo pants, even archery hunting.

Wrench

WKR
i was given a pair of Filson - better than I expected. they get ugly but they work - and that's all that matters
Toss them in the dryer for a few minutes. Somewhere around 10 minutes will knock the patina back to day one without losing the wax.

Reactions: ODB
I used to wear bird hunting specific brush pants. But now something like Prana Stretch Zions with OR gaiters. Those brush pants are just too hot most the time.

Superdoo

WKR
I am surprised those hold up to cattails and nasty upland terrain TBH. Are you guys walking in CRP?
I hear ya brother! I've been wondering the same thing about some of these recommendations. There is no way I'm wearing my Eddie Bauer's in the CRP we have here in No Dak.

I'll add that last year I decided to put the Kuiu Pro Pants to the test figuring I'd also be testing Kuiu's warranty. They held up awesome! Every weekend was spend busting cat tails and crp. The only sign of wear is at the cuff. I just wish they breathed better, if you close the vents your phone is getting wet!

Wrench

WKR
I am surprised those hold up to cattails and nasty upland terrain TBH. Are you guys walking in CRP?
You'd be naked in 200 yards. We hunt tons of russian olive, cattails and some 4 foot tall shit that I don't know the name of, but it hates people and bites like a pissed off cat.

I hear ya brother! I've been wondering the same thing about some of these recommendations. There is no way I'm wearing my Eddie Bauer's in the CRP we have here in No Dak.

I'll add that last year I decided to put the Kuiu Pro Pants to the test figuring I'd also be testing Kuiu's warranty. They held up awesome! Every weekend was spend busting cat tails and crp. The only sign of wear is at the cuff. I just wish they breathed better, if you close the vents your phone is getting wet!
I chase pheasants in North Dakota every year. I hunt a lot of CRP - they hold up awesome. I hunt a GSP, he goes on point in some nasty stuff, thick tules etc. They are a tough pant…they really are about 90% of what Kuiu, Firstlite and Sitka are for a fraction of the price. I think I paid $40 for mine on sale. I was skeptical at first when I heard of them, but for $40, its worth giving them a shot.

NDGuy

WKR
I chase pheasants in North Dakota every year. I hunt a lot of CRP - they hold up awesome. I hunt a GSP, he goes on point in some nasty stuff, thick tules etc. They are a tough pant…they really are about 90% of what Kuiu, Firstlite and Sitka are for a fraction of the price. I think I paid $40 for mine on sale. I was skeptical at first when I heard of them, but for $40, its worth giving them a shot.
They are decent but I wouldn't say they hold up nice in my experience. I have had the crotch wear out within a year on 3-4 pairs. I like the Prana Zions better for the $.

They are decent but I wouldn't say they hold up nice in my experience. I have had the crotch wear out within a year on 3-4 pairs. I like the Prana Zions better for the $.
Crazy - you must be a lot rougher on your crotch than I am. I am guessing your forearms are bigger than mine as well lol

NDGuy

WKR
Crazy - you must be a lot rougher on your crotch than I am. I am guessing your forearms are bigger than mine as well lol
Nah it's a common issue if you search on the threads. They are solid budget pants but I'd take Zions or Kuhl's over them every time.

Glad they work for those who use them.

joshn

FNG
I've used the same pair of Fjallraven Keb's for the last 7 years upland hunting CRP/pasture/plum thickets in Kansas. These are tough as nails, have ventilation and a ton of pockets.

Don't buy direct from company, look on Ebay or watch moosejaw/backcountry for sales. Really anything in Fjallraven's line with the G-1000 is going to be bulletproof.

HuntingIndian

Lil-Rokslider
filson double hunting pants.
i wore them through thick brush like it was nothing.
not for warm days. i might get a pair of orvis chaps to try out.