Favorite upland pants?

yfarm

WKR
That being said might buy a pr of Sawbucks to try, have a pr of Patagonia field pants similar in design aside from front pockets that collect weed seeds. Will never buy cotton based outdoor pants again. The synthetics slide thru brush easier and are quieter than canvas,dry quickly while walking and are water resistant.

Kuhl Ryder pants! Awesome upland pant in my opinion.
x2 right here... These are fantastic pants. I'm 6'1 230 and wear a 36x32 and they've been great. I took two pairs on a 7 day elk hunt last september too and they were great. Move with you not against you and dry out fast. Carhart field pants are good too, but the heavy seams chaffe my thighs a little after I break a sweat or they get damp. If it's too wet or brushy I have a pair of waterproof chaps i wear that are bulletproof.

https://www.stonecreekhounds.com/product-page/hunters-choice-chaps

dkell

FNG
Sawbuck pants with kenetrek gaiters. Primarily hunting grouse in northern MN. Never had an issue.

Cseaman91

FNG
First lite Sawbuck Brush Pant. I upgraded last year. They are much nicer than my old cabela’s briar pants from 10 years ago.

yfarm

WKR
Got a pr of sawbucks yesterday, in Patagonia quandary, EB guide pro and Wrangler performance outdoor pants I wear a 34x32, due to a much longer rise the Sawbucks are 2 inches longer on me than the other pants in the same 34x32 size. Keep in mind when ordering. Nice design except for the lack of a zip closed pocket for keys or phone as the other pants have. A zipper on one rear pocket or a leg pocket would be nice.

Mark.c

FNG
I have had good luck with Arborwear and Rail Rider pants going through the thick brush. My favorite are the Arborwear Tech 2 pants. Which are made out of soft nylon. I have yet to rip them in the field.

willidru

WKR
For upland wear what ever the most comfortable pants you have and throw on some filson tin cloth chaps. They do get hot if you go with the double tin

RyanML

FNG
Sawbuck for me as well. Had to do down a size in the waist and length. Still a bit longer then I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmtn

FNG
This is kind of a dumb option, but I love Sitka Dakota pants for pheasant hunting, they keep most of the brush off my legs and are easy to walk in. We limited on geese early one day and decided to chase some pheasants and wasn't about to head back to the house to change. I figured they wouldn't protect my legs like brush pants but they ended up doing good job and weren't nearly as heavy or hot. Plus whenever you wearing Sitka you're guaranteed limits.

Blue Skunk

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered a pair of First lite Sawbuck Brush Pants. Seemed like a consistent winner in this thread. I've been running with an old pair of Browning Field Pants for Years. Was time for an upgraded. Will follow-up with my feedback.