Favorite Vacuum Sealer?

I would really love to get a chamber vac. I have read that they do a lot better with wet pack and marinades. Moist food is hell on my poor foodsaver. We’re building a new house right now that will have some extra space, so a chamber vac isn’t totally out. Of course, with how expensive real estate is in Austin right now, I might end up getting nothing but ramen, rice, and beans for a few years.
I ruined my first Weston with moist and wet foods. I didn't know at the time I was messing up but learned an expensive lesson. I should have read the owner manual.

A Chamber sealer is really the only way to go. I know the price tag hurts but its way worth it in the long run. Several choices for different mil bags choose from and you can even do retort bags if you get the right Chamber sealer. Retort bags are pressure cooked, no more cases of canned jars taking up shelf space. Just get a chamber sealer that has a oil pump not the air pump. Change the oil at the end of every season and your good to go.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
A Chamber sealer is really the only way to go. I know the price tag hurts but its way worth it in the long run. Several choices for different mil bags choose from and you can even do retort bags if you get the right Chamber sealer. Retort bags are pressure cooked, no more cases of canned jars taking up shelf space. Just get a chamber sealer that has a oil pump not the air pump. Change the oil at the end of every season and your good to go.
I forgot about the retort bags. I believe you need a double sealing bar, as the Vacmasters have. I have tried it only once so far and it worked great. Kinda like homemade MRE's.

I forgot about the retort bags. I believe you need a double sealing bar, as the Vacmasters have. I have tried it only once so far and it worked great. Kinda like homemade MRE's.
Yeah either a double heat bar or a single that gets extra hot. I have the Minpack mvs chamber sealer works great.

I run the Shield N Seal 750L. It’s not a chamber sealer but it’s the best vacuum sealer I’ve found. Run the 5mil bags and meat / fish will last longer than you think would be possible.

I will eventually upgrade to a chamber sealer but the price tag on those units is a bit steep.