FavoriteTreestand harness?

Rick M.

WKR
I started using a rock climbing "gym" harness two years ago and could never go back to a regular harness. Check out "traditional bowhunting and wilderness podcast" on Youtube. That's where I got the idea and he shows exactly how to set it up. Requires a bit of tinkering but totally worth it in the end.
My wife got me into climbing years ago. I never even considered this! What a great idea.

GWHunter

FNG
I use a rock climbing harness, Biner to the hook up in front to a prussic on a 4 ft tether girth hitched around the tree. I keep very little slack in it unless I need the go way out to the edge of my platform for a shot around the backside of the tree.

I actually prefer the muddy harness over all of them. Lightweight and out of the way. If it catches me when I fall that’s all that matters. Not a huge fan of the harnesses with a bunch of pockets and huge chest straps.

fwafwow

WKR
I went ahead and ordered a Killdeer. Been looking for a while and this harness checks all the boxes. I don’t think there’s anything I won’t like about it. Looking forward to the change in 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you used the Killdeer yet?