Feather Fletch 101

Ratbeetle

WKR
Definitely play with the adjustment knobs until you get full contact on the shaft. I think the Bitz works much better with feathers than vanes due to the thicker base.

Also, if you haven't tried feather fletching tape, give it a go. Instant adhesion and with trad bow speeds, I've never had a problem with feathers coming off even in sub zero temps.

Once the feather is on the shaft you can really press the clamp and shaft together since there is no worry of excess glue or the feather sliding around. Easy to get complete contacts. Once I pull the clamp off, I run my thumbnail down the feather base a time or two and then add a tiny dab of superglue front and back. Works like a charm.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Fletched up a couple aluminum stumpin' arrows last night. You can see the fletch tape and good contact with the feather. Really prefer it over glue.

0517221008_HDR~2.jpg

Ratbeetle

WKR
Do they stick on as good as with glue? Do they rip off when you catch a branch or shoot thru something?

They stick very well in my experience. Never had one come off in an instance where I feel glue would've held it on. I think the little dab of glue front and back really helps. It keeps the ends from lifting and snagging.

I will say that I've only used the stuff on aluminum shafts, though I can't see any reason it wouldn't work on carbon. I just fletched some up on wraps last night, so I'll be seeing how those hold up in the coming weeks.

Wrench

WKR
A carbon with a aluminum footer is THE ticket for stumping. Carry a dozen nocks....but dont sweat the shaft. Once I went to the vpa head, I never destroyed another head....and they stop like a judo.

Btaylor

WKR
They stick very well in my experience. Never had one come off in an instance where I feel glue would've held it on. I think the little dab of glue front and back really helps. It keeps the ends from lifting and snagging.

I will say that I've only used the stuff on aluminum shafts, though I can't see any reason it wouldn't work on carbon. I just fletched some up on wraps last night, so I'll be seeing how those hold up in the coming weeks.
I have use tape on alum., carbon and wood and have had no issues. Like the other, add a dab of glue front and rear. I did put one through a small sapling on a 3d course and didnt lose a feather.