Sold Feathered Friends Snowy Owl -60 degree expedition sleeping bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiz329

FNG
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Asking $850 PayPal F&F, Venmo, or Zelle, with free shipping + insurance to lower 48 (willing to ship outside, but buyer to pay shipping in that case).

This is the warmest sleeping bag on the planet (contains 3.5 lbs of 900+ fill power goose down)! I purchased it in 2020 and was planning to use it to car-camp on a 2 month ski expedition across the west. We ended up opting for AirBnBs instead, so I never got to use this beast of a bag. It's sat in my closet for 2 years, so I figured someone else could probably use it more than I would!Snowy Owl 1.jpg

------

Product info from FF:

The warmest sleeping bag on the planet, the Snowy Owl has been the bag of choice for polar expeditions since its inception. Our fully contoured design maintains full and even loft of the 900+ fill down in the head and shoulder regions. A second inner zipper running parallel to the main zip keeps the differential cut at a constant thickness and guarantees a tight, even draft seal. This system also serves as a backup in the event of a zipper failure; a deadly proposition at 60 below zero. The only complaint we hear about the Snowy Owl is that “it was too warm”. Well… that’s the idea. If you’re chasing the coldest temperatures in the world, this is the bag for you.

• Expedition Mummy shape with #5 YKK two-way zipper with locking sliders
  • Dual zipper system
  • Pertex Shield EX water-resistant/breathable shell with DWR
  • Pertex 30 denier taffeta lining
  • Permanent collar with EX facing to prevent breath condensation from entering the bag
  • Side-block baffles maintain a 60:40 top to bottom insulation distribution
  • 3D contoured hood wraps a layer of down around your head
  • Generous draft tube prevents cold air from seeping past the zipper
  • Large side walls ensure even insulation all around
  • Overlapping dual-webbing zip guard guides the fabric away from the zipper
  • Tuck-stitch construction hides the baffle threads and prevents moisture from wicking through to the inside
  • Includes storage bag & stuff sack

DIMENSIONS 64" shoulder / 60" hip / 39" footbox
ZIPPER Left Side, YKK #5
SHELL Pertex® Shield EX (waterproof, breathable)
LINING Pertex® 30 denier nylon taffeta FILL POWER 900+ Goose Down
ORIGIN Manufactured in the USA from imported materials
TEMP RATING -60ºF / -51.1ºC
FILL WEIGHT 3 lb 7.7 oz / 1580 g
AVERAGE WEIGHT 5 lb 4.8 oz / 2403 g
PACKED SIZE 35L

Attachments

• Snowy Owl 2.jpg
    Snowy Owl 2.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Snowy Owl 3.jpg
    Snowy Owl 3.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Snowy Owl 4.jpg
    Snowy Owl 4.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

mtnbob

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great bag, but maybe you would have better luck selling this if you weren't only allowing unsafe forms of payment. Do people really feel comfortable sending $800-$900 to someone they don't know and who just joined? There is zero protection for those forms of payment if someone doesn't ship. Also wouldn't hurt to not cancel people who live in cold climates (Alaska and Canada). Just trying to help. Hope you sell it.

OP
W

wiz329

FNG
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Great bag, but maybe you would have better luck selling this if you weren't only allowing unsafe forms of payment. Do people really feel comfortable sending $800-$900 to someone they don't know and who just joined? There is zero protection for those forms of payment if someone doesn't ship. Also wouldn't hurt to not cancel people who live in cold climates (Alaska and Canada). Just trying to help. Hope you sell it.
Thanks for the advice, I received (and replied to) your PM to that effect as well a couple weeks ago :)

Selling via PP F&F is actually pretty common around here if you look around. I've bought and sold multiple sets of optics at 3-4x the asking price for this sale. As long as folks have consistently positive feedback (buyers included), I'm comfortable with it, but to each his own :).

Happy to ship outside the lower 48 as long as buyer covers incremental cost. Appreciate the well wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.