Fed up with forum gougers..anyone else?

Backcountryrealtor17

Lil-Rokslider
I’m building a 6.5 PRC on a tikka action and I’m going to be reloading for it which I am looking forward to.
However, I wanted to pick up some factory loads to base some info off of. I have talked with several people on forums who “know a guy” and can get ammo prior to anyone else just to make a few extra dollars, or 100% markup the stuff just so they can keep doing it. Fu** that

We as a shooting community need to be better if we want to outlast the folks who don’t want us to enjoy this as much as we do. I’m almost embarrassed that I paid $80 a box plus shipping for factory ammo that some warthog got for $43.
Just my 2 cents and I’m sure most people agree. So if you know someone that does this, please backhand them.

Tate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brianb3

WKR
Just a suggestion source of yourself and don’t bitch about paying more than you want to pay. Price of ammo on the shelf is through the roof right now. Add 10% for sales tax and shipping of minimum 10 to 15 you’re $43 box is 60$ For $20 you’re not getting me to send you a box of ammo. There is a lot of people willing to make that $20 or $30

If you’re near Central Washington I have several boxes of factory ammo Nosler ballistic tip if you need.

This is kinda funny as I have been looking for some vacation property and a new truck.... the price is what it is, buy it or don't, thats what the market is right now.

This is seriously what you're pulling out the "we need to band together as hunters" speech for? To take a stand against free market capitalism?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I’m almost embarrassed that I paid $80 a box plus shipping for factory ammo that some warthog got for $43.
Just think how embarrassed those folks are that recently paid double what their house sold for just 5 years ago. That really is quite embarrassing. Man, if I could find homes today at 2016 pricing you could call me warthog or any other name that you want, and I won't mind.

sndmn11

WKR
If someone has worked to put themselves in a position of demand, why are they viewed negatively for using the advantage they earned?

It could have taken dozens of hours and no-profit sales to build the relationships and supply chain in order to get to the referenced position. He might have made $1/hr on the deal. I'd also wager that he was undercharging in this instance if all that he had were purchased.

msalm

Lil-Rokslider
I for one am somewhat conflicted by this conundrum. I’ve reloaded my own ammo for over 30 years, started building rifles for myself and others 15+ years ago, and have amassed a fair amount of components for ammo. Not a ton of any one thing, but a hell of a lot of most everything. When I saw a good price or availability of brass, bullets, powder, primers etc, that I was sure to have a use for, I’d buy some. Now I’m sitting here with a fair amount of stuff, and guys like you will look at me in disgust for apparently hoarding things they want for a price that is close to what I have in it…what to do? If I sell it, I certainly won’t be replacing it anytime soon, and not at the $ I have in it…. Easiest to just say no. I’ve had more pleading to outright begging for primers, bullets and powder over the last few years than you would believe. I’ve sold a few hundred primers here and there to friends/acquaintances to get them by, but then a guy will stop by and try to get ALL of this primer or that powder I have on hand at a price I can live with and not feel guilty. This is after offering enough to load what he needs. The SOB’s are willing to take everything that I have and leave me with nothing for myself or others…. So to be blunt, GFY.

Anozira

WKR
Sometimes I wonder if sometimes the seller just paid a lot (too much) for the item and they are just trying to get their money back out of it. It may not necessarily be that they are trying to scalp or gouge someone, maybe they were the ones that were gouged in the first place and they are just trying to break even.

I’m not going to, but I couldn’t sell any of the hunting ammo I bought this year without possibly being labeled a gouger. Not because I would be trying to rip anyone off but merely because I knowingly paid a lot for it. If I had the choice, I would still do it all over again. That expensive ammo allowed me to go out and hunt this year and enjoy myself.

Edit: I guess what I was rambling on about is I try not to pass judgment on other peoples asking price. Simply because I don’t know what situation led them to where they are now.

OP
Backcountryrealtor17

Backcountryrealtor17

Lil-Rokslider
After reading my OP from last night I must have been having a bad evening hahahaha. Just crazy times we live in and that’s what it boils down to. Bless y’all

After reading my OP from last night I must have been having a bad evening hahahaha. Just crazy times we live in and that’s what it boils down to. Bless y’all

No you have the right to be super pissed with all the gouging going on.
It won't get any better until people pull their heads out of their asses and stop buying ammo and primers at 2x the fair price.
556 and 9mm ammo is available everywhere now but 20rds went from $7 a box to $14
9mm fmj was $10-15 last year and now its $20-25.
Stop supporting these clowns