Federal 300 WSM 180 grain Fusion ammo in a Tikka T3

I found what I consider to be a pretty good deal on this ammo and would like to hear what kind of accuracy T3 shooters are seeing in their 300 WSM's.
My rifle likes every 180 grain bullet I have fed it, thus far. AB's, Berger Hybrid Hunters (Federal factory) will go under an inch if I skip my second cup of coffee on range-day... Hoping for some feedback before I buy 200 rounds of this flavor.
Thanks

My Tikka t3x 300wsm shoots Fusion lights out. Average results after multiple boxes:
165 fusion are always sub 1/2"
180 fusion 3/4"
Berger hybrid are 3/4-1"
Berger 168 VLD (hsm)sub 1/2"
200 gr eldx 1"+
180 nosler trophy grade 3/4-1"
Hornady outfitter 3/4- -1"
180 ttsx were too sporadic to get a regular group, shot two boxes on two different occasions and would get anything from 3/4" to 3"

My rifle prefers the 160's. Ive had above average accuracy with the Fusion ammo in 223,243,270,6.5cm,300wm, 300wsm
Its cheap and accurate. Just not a Gucci looking box or marketing

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I have no experience with the 180, but I have a winchester 70 that liked the 165 Fusions. I shot a few whitetails with them and they performed well. I think your gun will like the Fusions. Maybe try a few before you buy in bulk?

Jim1187

Lil-Rokslider
I very much like the Federal Fusions for a factory deer and black bear load. Regardless of cartridge performance has been good. Its one fault is that it is soft and hangs together, it expands very wide and almost all the way to the base, this can result in penetration being lacking on larger animals like adult moose and elk. For example I personally witnessed a 225 .338 Winchester only penetrate one lung of small forkhorn bull moose after breaking the onside shoulder at about 60 yards, quick follow up through the heart sorted him. I was also there when a 175 grain from a 7mm Rem Mag proved very fatal on a large cow moose at just over 150 yards, but was found against the ribs on the offside never even hit a rib on the way in. Not slandering them, just saying something to keep in mind when choosing your shot placement on bigger game.
Both loads where at a glance well suited to the application and most wouldn't hesitate to use a 225 .338 Win mag load or 175 7mm Rem Magnum they way they were but I found the penetration lacking.

Last edited: