Federal bore-lok

diggerak

FNG
I have a cva Kodiak pro mag. Will be hard to load with these bullets if I don't patch between loads

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Azone

WKR
That is the copper and there is no give in copper. You might try the 350 gr lead one. There should be more give to that bullet

I would love to try the lead ones, but Liberal-fornia decided to ban lead bullets in my area years ago. Where I hunt is part of the original condor led ban zone.

Azone

WKR
I had the opposite problem with them. Tried both the lead and copper ones and both slid up and down the barrel after seating them. I've measured both with calipers and they're right at .498". My gun uses .500" Thors which go down with what I would consider the right amount of force, so I think they're just a bit too small for my barrel.

5miles, did you ever measure how much the bullets were traveling up the barrel by chance? Do you run pellets or loose powder? My last question for you is make and model of muzzleloader if you wouldn't mind sharing? The one TC I have is tighter than the two CVAs I have, I can't remember what my MR measured but my Triumph measured .499 and the Optima my wife uses measured .504, but she runs barnes 250 T EZs out of it with the blue sabot due to the barrel being so oversized. These were sized with the Thor sizing pack for reference.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Using loose BH209, and never measured. Was just surprised that they actually slid in the barrel after seating them. I knew I didn't want that. TC Omega.