Federal Bore-loks - copper?

westslopelaker

Lil-Rokslider
Any experience good or bad with the 270 grain all copper Federal bor-lock muzzy bullets? They shoot great out of my rifle but I read inconsistent reviews about their performance. Primary thing I read is they tumble and don't open up?

Thanks!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My daughter tried them at the range and they shot great.......no evidence of tumbling. The problem we had was that they wouldn't fit tight in the barrel, they'd slide up and down after seating. And that is in a barrel that uses .500" Thors that fit tight.

Azone

WKR
I have ran them in my CVA MR and my wifes CVA Optima and accuracy was awesome. Im running these over BH209 and CCI primers. All the targets I shot showed no evidence of tumbling or keyholes.
I have not experienced them sliding up or down the barrel, but every gun is gonna be different.

OXN939

WKR
Pretty sure these qualify as legal ammo in a lot of states that disallow sabots. Anyone got firsthand accounts of terminal performance?

slingerHB

Lil-Rokslider
Just want to add my experience after this year's muzzleloader season. They seemed to shoot pretty well out of my traditions g4 ultralight, but I was still sceptical with some of the reviews. During the week of hunting in Colorado I usually pulled the tape off my barrel to verify the bullet was still seated which it always was. Finally an opportunity presented itself with a good buck,I had him at 143 yards with my gun on my bag as a rest. He was bedded and I decided to shoot him in his bed since I could see his whole chest. He only ran 40 yards. Upon quartering him up I hit him in the heart and had a complete pass thru. Was pretty impressed with the performance of the bore-lok. I think I'll continue to use them for my future Western muzzleloader hunts for now.
d113d0869efe83fec24c300abd0cd293.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Friends and I just got back from a Nebraska deer hunt. Killed two white tails and two Mule Deer in our group. All pass through as but one and I found that bullet in the front shoulder, perfect mushroom pedals.