Federal Edge TLR

WesternHntr

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone used the newish Edge TLR bullets from Federal?

I'm looking for a long range hunting alternative to Berger and Hornady ( please don't turn this into a discussion about how great those bullets are on elk...) and am interested in the 200 grain 30 Cal TLR.

With a BC of .625 it should rival the ballistics of heavier bullets if driven around 3150fps, and it's bonded, with a coper shank, so it's not gonna come apart prematurely.
Also it's supposed to expand at impact velocities as low as 1300 fps!

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
I'm shoot the 175 gr in my 300 wsm. accuracy is not as great as other bullets i've shot. i still need to try some other powders to try to tighten a few groups up. so far performance has been good, but have only shot an antelope so far... hopefully this weekend i'll find an bull to try them out on.

• Banned
OP
W

WesternHntr

Lil-Rokslider
I'm shoot the 175 gr in my 300 wsm. accuracy is not as great as other bullets i've shot. i still need to try some other powders to try to tighten a few groups up. so far performance has been good, but have only shot an antelope so far... hopefully this weekend i'll find an bull to try them out on.
Cool
Keep me updated!

Same here - I bought a few boxes but they did not group well in either my 300WM or 30-06

Interesting, the Federal Trophy Bonded Tips shoot great in my X Bolt 30 06. The TLR is suppose to be a slightly modified higher BC TBT. This is not the first report I've seen that says the TLR are not especially accurate. Wonder why??????

I'm going to try the TLR's in my X Bolt Max Long Range 300 Win Mag and see how they do.

I had one rifle (300 Win Mag) that loved the round. Plan was to use it in AK. But after 12 months of it being unavailable anywhere, I reached out to Federal. They said "the production run is scheduled for next month". So I reached out again. And again. And again. Long story short: after 18 months of not being able to find any TLR ammo, let alone bullets for reloading, I completely gave up.

Thankfully none of my rifles shoot anything from Federal. If they cannot produce their product in a somewhat reasonable timeframe, then they can bugger off.

As far as accuracy is concerned each rifle is different. Can have two of the same model and there is a good chance that they won't like the exact same round. Also, your rife's twist rate may be too fast or slow to stabilize.

Joseph Von Benedict has tested them extensively and reviews them on his podcast, Backcountry Hunting Podcast. He says they work excellent, but aren’t terribly accurate due to the separate processes required to build them. I definitely think Federal is on to something here though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually was a bit surprised the TLRs didn’t shoot well. My rifles love the Federal TBT and Accubond Ammo.

Dr. Rx

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with AZ hunter... can’t find the ammo
Been wanting to try them..
Bummer