Federal Employees? DoD? Navy?

Shrek

WKR
I have a friend who is two years from retirement and is expecting to be furloughed if they don't come to an agreement. Real people are going to be harmed in this political game :( .

JNDEER

WKR
Could hurt a lot who live pay check to paycheck.

In the past there was essential and non essential employees. Essential employees would not be furloughed.

With the latest news ALL federal employees will be furloughed.

bobhunts

WKR
Sad that it comes to this! But from what I understand it only brings goverment spending back to 2011 levels not some doomsday that the media shows on the news.

OP
Daniel_M

Daniel_M

WKR
Yep. The sold rumor is April 22 to Sept. 22. 5 months. 22 days. 176 total hours cut. Ill lose 3 days vacation, 1 days sick leave.

But hey, every other week will be a 4 day weekend. Fish on!

littlebuf

Banned
the whole thing is a joke. 84 billion out of a 4 trillion $ budget? are you really believing what the left wing puppets are telling you. i say cut the federal budget in half and then make these bastards do the job they were supposed to do in the first place. 2% cut isnt even the interest on the spending. give me a brake guys

OP
Daniel_M

Daniel_M

WKR
Ill agree there's a lot of fat but they are gonna cause a major national security issue on this one. I watch money get pissed away on a routine basis yet the suitable answer I a furlough lol

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
I am DoD. Like some have said, it truly is sad, however; solving the U.S. debt will require deep cuts. Cuts that will not be popular and cuts that will likely not get someone reelected. The blame can be spread across all parties, but the gov't at large is to blame. It will get worse before it gets better.

littlebuf

Banned
Can't reelect someone whom isn't eligible. :cool:

who says there will be elections? when the whole thing falls apart all rules go out the window. remember the constitution is just an old out of date document. and the republicans are falling into lock step with the whole thing, have been for some time if you ask me. and yes im all the way up the crazy tree at this point,and building a tree house. better shots when you can see them coming...

jherald

WKR
These are socially and economically depressed times. Even worse where I'm at and with the cost of living where I am, it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. At least there is still fairly liberal and relaxed hunting and fishing rules here. We can always go hunt and fish!

HOT ROD

WKR
Can't say it any better than littlebuf. We are going to get what we ask for. Because we put him back in office. Don't be surprised that he doesn't try for a third term😡😡😡😡

Eagle

WKR
I'm DOD as well, looking to lose approximately $1000 a month for the 6 months of the furlough. With a little one scheduled to show up in late September or early October, this is about as bad as it could possibly get for my wife and I. Really hoping they get their heads out of their a$$es and figure something out quick.

Shrek

WKR
This whole deal is designed to be really bad policy and induce compromise on both sides. In this hyper ideological partisanship common sense is out the window. This country is being damaged in this fight. The best and brightest in public service will move on and leave all of us with an even less effective government.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
They will kick the can down the road like always. Something will give we can't continue to spend more than we have eventually even china will stop loaning us money. It's a problem that's not going away and what they do now won't even make a difference tomorrow

jmez

WKR
I understand this will hit home, even with some on this forum. To those against the cuts what are the options? I say cuts tongue in cheek as when you get through all the bullshit there really aren't any cuts, spending goes up even with these cuts in place, so the whole thing is a lie. There are no true cuts, just less increase.

Does anyone here honestly think this country can continue down the spending path we are currently on? The problem is everyone wants the problem fixed as long as it doesn't impact them personally. Feds wast money everywhere but on me. Cut somewhere else that is a waste, well those affected by the cuts would likely see it differently. This is a no win situation. If we are going to fix the problem it is going to hit EVERYONE hard. Problem is, it would seem anywhere we try to trim spending becomes and immediate exception.

OP
Daniel_M

Daniel_M

WKR
"EVERYONE" in this case is only federal employees.

Creating exceptions to a budget item is an invalid way to curb spending.

Cutting 20% pay for civilian employees is also an invalid way to curb spending. In many organizations, it's the civilians that run the place, not Active Duty or guard.

Craig4791

WKR
It's all about votes! They have already lost our votes long ago and have proved they don't need our votes to win. They will continue to spend where their voter bang for their buck counts. Sad but true IMO.

OP
Daniel_M

Daniel_M

WKR
Very sad indeed. Im fortunate enough to where I can absorb the loss.

If I had to cancel my sheep hunt I'd be kicking someones ass!

CritterGetter

Lil-Rokslider
I am DOD employed working on Aircraft. I'll live through it, but not as comfortable as I am now... Its going to be a mess for us to work around.