Federal Speed Shok

Oregon

WKR
Great shells. I prefer the ultra shok.
Think I saw them on sale at Rogers for $80something a case. Great deal.

Tex68w

WKR
They work, no complaints. Just picked up some 3" #2's 1 1/4oz for $11/box at Academy, can't complain for that money.

Last edited:
Decent shells. They can be dirty. Rogers bought the rights I think to the ultra's, they tend to burn a little cleaner at a few more dollars per case.

Just wait, someone will be along to sell you on something.

Jim1187

Lil-Rokslider
Not my first choice since the price jump they took locally. They do pattern well and kill birds. If the price hadn't jumped they were a great value.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Man I used to shoot the crap out of those. 3.5” 1s were my go to for ducks and geese.

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
Various retailers have old stock speed shoks on sale right now as the newest version has a hotter primer that helps reduce the "dirty" factor and residue that would kick back in your face when shooting these through an autoloader. Speed shoks are probably in the top 3 for steel shot sales. I have shot cases upon cases of these over the years.

OP
E

ESmith_10

FNG
I got them from Rogers at a pretty decent price. From friends who shoot them to the positive reviews I've been reading, I went ahead and got a case.

Not a fan. I spend a great deal of time each fall/winter in duck blinds. I am very particular about my gear which includes my shotgun and shotgun shells. I have seemingly tried most everything available and I will say again. Nothing that I have tried is better (or frankly even close) to the Hevishot shotgun shell offerings.
I simply do not use as many shells (no need for repeated clean up shots to finally kill a duck) and the patterns I get amazing. I have done the math I assure you and when I factor in the # of shells that I shoot to cleanly KILL my ducks Hevishot shotgun shells are the least expensive that I have used.

I pick up a case when they are on sale or have the rebate available. Works well on ducks and pheasants without any issues.

If those are the blue box, it's a great way to get burning powder blown back in your face. It's worth spending a little more for the red box.

Kent and Remington nitros are other good options.

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
If those are the blue box, it's a great way to get burning powder blown back in your face. It's worth spending a little more for the red box.

Nitros are great, but often cost 2x what speed shoks go for. I will say the new version of speed shok burns much cleaner than old versions though. Just shot a box of 2's and a box of BB over the weekend on snows with zero residue kick back. Have to be careful though, as there's a bazillion boxes of old stock out there on store shelves yet and that's the stuff that runs dirty.

Every once and a while there is some powder blown back but have had that occur with other shells too. I liked Kent shells until I kept having primer strikes but no bang. The Rem Nitros and Federal shells always go off for my firearms.