Fedex experiences

Fordguy

WKR
So, this is just an amusing thing that happened to me today. I had placed an order with Bass pro for some broad heads (just testing a few varieties for flight/consistency). The package arrived today via FedEx. I notice the package has been opened and taped back together. It doesn't look like it's been ripped open, it's been opened at the top where the envelope opens normally. Inside.... Not broad heads. A used copy of the book "Dog Man Unleashed, by Dave Pilkey, creator of Captain Underpants. I called Bass pro and they thought I was joking, but they did reorder the items for me at no charge.

I've had a lot of weird frustrating things happen with FedEx delivery. Makes me wonder how they stay in business.

Broomd

WKR
Fed Ex is worst of the worst. And their local pick up hub is straight out of Orwell's 1984, cameras, turn-styles. Makes a person feel like a dreg from Waterworld.
I wouldn't use them--ever. Sometimes others send through them and it's usually a pain.
Our local driver is a good guy. It's a shame the company sucks.

Venom One

WKR
Wow, that really sucks. I think companies need to ship their items in non-descript packaging to keep this from happening. Items with Apple, Samsung, BPS, SIG, Glock, Nikon, Canon, etc emblazoned on the side are going to be stolen. I ordered some gun parts last year and was really worried it was going to disappear, but thankfully the OEM was smart and shipped the items in a plain box with only their address, no name.

Trr15

WKR
FedEx is terrible. They consistently deliver packages to the wrong address and I have to track them down through my neighborhood. Also, one of their employees stole an iPhone I was having delivered from Verizon and their driver dropped off any empty box, clearly torn open with contents missing, on my doorstep.

BFR

WKR
Wife and I ship or receive packages multiple times a month and experience very few problems. Never had any opened or items missing, and any that were damaged were covered quickly. USPS on the other hand constantly misdelivered, lost and damaged stuff and takes forever to get corrected. UPS is OK but it’s not our go to.

Fed Ex continually delivered neighbors packages to our house. After work there would be random packages on the porch and my wife or I would finish the delivery. I finally called the local office and asked for reimbursement for our time for finishing their job. I was forwarded to a manager and explained the situation. I did not get reimbursed but I no longer have random packages landing on the porch.

Turns out that the driver was trying to shave time off of his day because the best turnaround is at the bottom of my driveway. He did not want to go further up the hill. He still works there.

All the carriers suck. I just checked my UPS tracking for some ammo I ordered and It's saying damaged with contents missing. I think a lot of the problems come down to the driver. I can't stand the lazy bastards that won't take a package another 10 steps to put it on my covered porch. Instead they'll set it in the driveway in front of the garage out in the weather.

Two months ago USPS wouldn't deliver a package because it was too heavy.

I think a lot of the problems come down to the driver.

Definitely. I once witnessed a fedex driver get offered a beer and he says "F*** it, it's my birthday" and opened it and drank it right there in uniform with several strangers around. FedEx has lost more of my packages than other carriers but I'm on a rural route with a confusing address and they must have a lot of turnover because I see new drivers all the time.

Grumman

WKR
I’m waiting on some ammo that got delayed in a FedEx hub for no explanation. I hope I don’t get a book instead.

I was talking with our USPS driver the other day. She showed me a device that they carry that tracks them. She said if she backs up more than 50 feet she gets reported as that is against the rules. She said in our rural area that gives her a lot of problems in driveways with blocked turnarounds, mine included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I have had very few issues with any of the carriers, mostly damage package and goods but in all but one case I was able to get product replaced free of charge. On one occasion I traced a package to the local UPS location and the trail ended there. I don't know if it got dropped on the floor and kicked under the conveyer belt or if someone decided they need it more than me.Now lets talk about the USPO, what a joke, their motto, Neither snow nor rain nor gloom of night, ect, ect. has gone down the road on a one way street.You name the problem I have had it with the USPO, and if you say anything the service gets worst.

FedEx seems to delay all the packages that are sent to me. Tried to report one of the delivery drivers this year for texting and driving and driving on the wrong side of the highway around blind corners and it was very tough getting connected to a real person. Mentioned it to the regular FedEx driver on the route and he said he took care of my complaint.

Venom One

WKR
FedEx seems to delay all the packages that are sent to me. Tried to report one of the delivery drivers this year for texting and driving and driving on the wrong side of the highway around blind corners and it was very tough getting connected to a real person. Mentioned it to the regular FedEx driver on the route and he said he took care of my complaint.

I think the truck driver shortage is causing them to delay a lot of packages. Most of my deliveries recently have been delayed also. When I check tracking, it shows the package arriving at a shipping hub, then sitting there for 7-10 days before it starts moving.

oldillini

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing but bad experiences with FedEx on this end.

Three to four months ago, ordered some optics and the supplier used FedEx and wanted signature when received. First day of scheduled delivery FedEx left a tag on the door indicating a package required a signature. They would try again next day and if I assumed responsibility for not needing a signature, just sign the tag and leave it on the door. I did. Next day driver came by, swapped out the tag with a new one but didn't leave the package even though I had authorized them to do so by signing the first tag. So I called their local distribution facility and told them to hold it and I would pick it up on the weekend since I was going to be out of town next couple days. They said no problem, that was a great idea. Next day they left the package at my door. Luckily I have a great neighbor who watches my place for me when I am gone.

Just couple weeks ago a package had coming FedEx. Received a text saying it had been delivered, but it wasn't. I was working from home and saw the FedEx truck go by, but it had never stopped. Checked neighbors and none had received. Luckily it was only $25 worth of stuff. (To top it off, neither the supplier nor FedEx is coming through in trying to find the package.)

I have better luck with USPS than FedEx. UPS has been the best.

260madman

WKR
They hardly ever deliver on time. My stuff goes to MSP before coming back south to my place. Never gets scanned in up there either. I always pick UPS for f there’s a choice.

We were trying one of the food delivery deals, well not so much we as she, but anyways. They are using Fedex, which seems to be the worst around here.

Yesterday it was on the truck for delivery, the day it was supposed to be delivered. I stopped by to put it in the fridge before going hunting really quick yesterday evening, wasn't here. She checked status and it said it was potentially delayed. So this am it was on truck for delivery today, now delayed and expected delivery on Tuesday.

Ain't working real well with perishables.

I ordered a big item that I kind of really needed to feed some stock. Luckily I have great neighbors. By the way I'm in Michigan so it missed it by that much...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
2f48b6e61365f6ebe92ed2c33dd5f248.jpg

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
We own several businesses where we send and receive a lot of freight. In our state FedEx allows independent contractors to own some of the routes. It's hit or miss on how good these independents are. We see lots of turnover on their drivers in our area. The problem we have is the company shipping has great luck with FedEx where they are at but by the time it gets to us it's in the hands of whoever owns our route and and their latest driver in a long string of many. The good ones are never around that long. Our route was bought by someone new a few months back. At least the trucks they're using now have the FedEx logo on them. We use UPS as much as we can because of this.

MAndrews

FNG
They managed to lose my pre-employment / DOT FAA drug test last month for 3 weeks. Medical review doc bounced my results due to "interference" with the testing which was likely caused by bacteria growth in the lost and found sample. He had no choice but to send me for a second, observed test. This means some dude has to come in and watch my junk while I'm giving the specimen. I'm too old to care much but having someone "observe" you pee is demeaning in my opinion. Second test turned out OK and I'm working again but no excuse as far as I'm concerned.

I’ve had so many bad experiences with FedEx that I could write a book but won’t bore you guys with the details. I even ask vendors that I purchase from who they are going to ship with and if given a choice other than FedEx, I always choose the other.