Fedex experiences

tshunter

FNG
They deliver my packages to the wrong address more than 50% of the time. FedEx can’t even be consistently bad and deliver to the same wrong neighbor each time. It’s a good thing I have honest neighbors. If I am ever given the option I tell companies to use anyone except FedEx.

Trial153

WKR
Fed ex by us sucks. By far the worst of the three major carriers. I have no issues with USPS and UPS.

MattB

WKR
They recently lost a set of muley antlers that were headed to the freeze dryer. No big deal, only took me 18 years to draw the tag…

LostArra

WKR
A lot of FedEx problems are driver dependent. We live in a rural area and have one FedEx guy who is great. Always brings our dog food orders. Knows the dogs. Delivery is always when promised. Other FedEx deliveries (not same driver) are always delayed.

You aren’t the only one. I had ordered a couple copies of the “pocket Constitution” around the time the woke progressives hostile takeover started and they just threw them in the trash container near the road. I found them weeks later after The Heritage Foundation re sent to me this time in the mail. I’ve had other stuff thrown in the bar ditch.

peterk123

WKR
Horrible experiences with Fed Ex. We are remodeling so lots of stuff getting delivered. So much is delivered to us destroyed. Home depot out here uses them. I had fifteen boxes of laminated stair treads sent to us. Over 50% were damaged. I reordered and had it just shipped to the store. It was worth the one hour round trip not to have Fedex touch it. They suck.

mfeth20

FNG
I think it really depends on the area. I haven’t had any issues with FedEx, UPS or USPS in South Dakota. But I still ship UPS every time. They seem to be the best in my opinion for this area.

VinoVino

Lil-Rokslider
FedEx tracking goes dark on packages s lot for me. The original estimate for delivery will pass and no update on tracking for a week. Then maybe the item shows up. Maybe it doesn’t. I had a pair of Fjällräven trekking tights I ordered for my wife as a gift with no updates in tracking for a week after it departed the origin location. Then they showed up in a mangled package with tire marks, holes, and packing tape all over it.
Other times, packages will show up as received at the local facility a few days prior to delivery estimate and they’ll just sit there until a day or two after the deliver estimate before being put on the truck. A lot of this had been happening prior to 2020, too, so it’s not just the pandemic. It’s bad logistics.
UPS has exceeded expectations in that regard, as packages are usually delivered on time, or a day or two early. And tracking info is updated more frequently.

Wetwork

Lil-Rokslider
I physically cringe when I see shipped Fedex...even when stuff gets here its like its been voodoo'd and never works right. Cursed everytime.-WW

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Lets not forget the USPS. My wife was sending her sister each a small gift just because. She went to or local post office not know how much postage to put on each package. They weighted them and charged her accordingly. We just got todays mail and both packages were returned for insufficient postage. Thats one big, WTF.

SMOKYMTN

WKR
FedEx is the worst. They deliver MY packages to the wrong house more than they do my own house. I worked for FedEx while in College and I am convinced the issue is in the lack of simplicity. FedEx has 3 carrier types with Ground, Express and Freight and there is no uniformity as to which processing facility said packages end up and when. On top of that, more than any other carrier FedEx uses contract drivers to supplement their routes, so you end up in a scenario where some deliveries to the same house never have the same driver.

I'll pay extra to not use FedEx, it's worth it to me considering I've had very few positive experiences with them.

gelton

WKR
I actually prefer FedEx over UPS. UPS gets our stuff to us just fine but it's almost always in horrible shape by the time it makes it here.

Had a friend that worked for them back in the 90's and said if you ever saw their sorting facilities and how they treat packages you would never want to use UPS again.