Feedback for Sitka Coldfront system

McDink

FNG
Pulled the trigger in august 2020 and bought my first piece of sitka gear. Fast forward to today, and I have spent more money then I think I should have on many pieces of this equipment.

Looking for some feedback as to what people think of the Coldfront series.

Took advantage of a close out deal on mountain archery and bought a set of Coldfront bib pants. Knowing full well they are similar to the stormfront but with some micro fleece in the pants. Am currently looking for the matching jacket, but was curious what people really thought of this combo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
I dont have the combo, but have had a cold front jacket for probably 7 years or so. I wear it for both every day and hunting. If I lost it today, I'd buy another tomorrow. I think they've changed the design a bit since I bought mine, but I'd imagine it is just as good, if not better.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
M

McDink

FNG
@neil.hansford

Thanks for the reply. If your the one where the hood tucks into the collar?

My main questions were going to be in regard to if the fleece lining really made that much difference in perceived warmth? I get the idea is to keep the material off on you and to create air space for your body to warm up, but didn’t know how it did with the cold.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is not the one where the hood tucks in. Mine is the older style I guess. Like you said, the way it keep you warm is through retaining the warm air around your body. 100 percent blocks wind, and is thick enough that it keeps the cold from permeating through for the most part. I hunt deer a lot in November here in MT, often times in single digits or below. My go to is a base layer, puffy vest, and the cold front jacket. Now, I'm not sitting stationary for hours on end, but could if you had a full puffy jacket under it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk