Feedback on vortex crossfire 2 1-4x for a 30-30 lever gun

I am doing a light rehab on a 1975 marlin 30-30 I just acquired.

Was planning on keeping it irons with a skinner rear sight but also thinking about a 1-4x. I have 3-9x on my other 30-30 and it is more magnification than I like on the low end. So, I was thinking about either topping the “new” gun with a 1-4x or replacing the 3-9x on the other gun with a 1-4x.

I use a bolt gun for most rifle hunting, so These guns are basically safe queens that I keep around for nostalgia purposes and because I like the concept of a short to mid range capable gun with potential for fast follow up shots. I guess I dream of hunting scrub brush in Texas or something where this type of gun would shine. My current 30-30 never seems to make it into the woods much in part because it has more glass than I need for a sub 100 yard shot in the woods and my tikka can go to 4x on the low end.

I had my eye on the vortex crossfire 2 1-4x. Seems to check my boxes at a price point that I can justify for a rare use gun. I am wondering if anyone had any feedback.

My vortex experience has been mostly positive. A range finder and a red dot had to go back to the shop but my binos and 3 other scopes have been good to me and their CS is top notch.

22lr

WKR
I've had a ton of Vortex stuff, including a really early crossfire, they have all been flawless for me. I dont have the 1-4x crossfire one but it would be a solid choice for a gun that isn't going to get used much.

I do have a PST 1-4x and its a solid magnification range for close in work. The 1x is usable with both eyes open and a quick flip up to 4x is all you need for moderate work. I'd probably prefer the newer 1-6x systems but my 1-4x has been phenomenal. That said, mine lives on my AR and I don't really hunt with it up here.