Female Dog Names

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Bringing this boxer home in about 4 weeks. Wife agreed to let me pick the name since she initiated the situation. Posting here because I want something relating to nature, hunting, the outdoors, or otherwise awesome names and I hold you all in high regard. Sorry she isn't a bird dog, but trust me she will spend alot of time in the back of the UTV or running around food plots
20210916_192038.jpg

Bringing this boxer home in about 4 weeks. Wife agreed to let me pick the name since she initiated the situation. Posting here because I want something relating to nature, hunting, the outdoors, or otherwise awesome names and I hold you all in high regard. Sorry she isn't a bird dog, but trust me she will spend alot of time in the back of the UTV or running around food plots
View attachment 327000
I cant help with the name, but I had a boxer that I had to put down a few years ago. He was the best dog I'm sure I will ever own. Good luck with the puppy they are a great breed.

You’re going to love that boxer! My wife and I have 2, a female and male and they are a ton of fun. Nonstop playing. Our female is Kona and the male is Bear. You may be surprised about her not being a bird dog, with a little training she may just take to upland hunting. My female is a hell of a retriever with the ball. It’s tough to pick names.

Grumman

WKR
Boxers are great congrats. My boxers have been males. She is colored like one of mine named “Jack”. He got his name because my son was just learning to talk and that was about all he could say at the time. I’ve always had the kids help name them. Our latest boxer is named Hank Williams and he goes by Hank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Yes this will be our 3rd boxer. I used to think I was gonna be a bird dog guy for life....I've had retrievers, setters, labs, Boykin spaniels...all awesome dogs, but my brother brought a boxer home from being deployed around 1999 and it changed everything. Nothing against any other breed, but they are a trip.

OMB

WKR
Wife and I just got our first dog, and English Setter, and had the name Trudy picked out for a solid year once we had decided on getting a female ES because we were at a Tyler Childers show where he covered Trudy by Charlie Daniels.

Normally prefer a single syllable name ending on a hard consonant for a gun dog but I'm starting to enjoy naming dogs non-traditional names as long as they aren't too whacky. As a family we named my FIL's last setter Earl and it makes me smile every single time I think about it.

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
Wife and I just got our first dog, and English Setter, and had the name Trudy picked out for a solid year once we had decided on getting a female ES because we were at a Tyler Childers show where he covered Trudy by Charlie Daniels.

Normally prefer a single syllable name ending on a hard consonant for a gun dog but I'm starting to enjoy naming dogs non-traditional names as long as they aren't too whacky. As a family we named my FIL's last setter Earl and it makes me smile every single time I think about it.
This brings back good memories for me. In 2000 a friend of mine and I got female English Setters out of the same litter. I named mine Ivy and he named his Trudy.

I prefer 2 syllable names. I like the way you can pop out the syllabels when you call out their name.