FF Lark UL 10 vs. WM Versalite 10

CO-AJ

WKR
After hours of online research, youtube, and forum reading I have narrowed down my new 10 degree bag purchase to either a Feathered Friends Lark UL 10 or a Western Mountaineering Versalite 10 degree. These bags are within 2 oz of the same weight, stuff to roughly the same size, Have nearly the same down fill oz's, and price is within 20.00 of each other. This will be my first expensive bag, so I wanted to get some feedback from you all on which one you would purchase and why. Thanks to you all.

turley

Lil-Rokslider
At this level of quality it really depends on personal preference....you won't regret whichever you choose.
Personally, I prefer the WM Versalite over the Lark as it is wider (albeit slightly) through the shoulders than the Lark...and WM uses a wide and stiff zipper tape which really minimizes getting the fabric caught in the zipper.
If going with WM look at Hermit's Hut online as they offer free down overfill (3oz I believe in the Versalite) for free.

Last edited:

LandYacht

WKR
Just got done using my Versalite for 10 nights. Every time I use it I am reminded of how great it is. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got done using my Versalite for 10 nights. Every time I use it I am reminded of how great it is. You won’t be disappointed.

how big are you in the chest? I got a WM Badger on the way but wondering if 65” girth will leave me with cold spots. Im 54” in circumference around my arms and chest. The Versalite is 62” which may for me better.

7layerburrito

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I'm 5'11, 185lbs, kinda wide in the chest/shoulders and bought the FF Lark UL 10 this year and love it. The pertex is really soft.

Also, I got trapped in a sandstorm in it, pulled it over my head and was shocked that I was basically able to breath nice, clean air. I live in Washington so went in and talked to them about cleaning it and I followed their home washing advice and the bag is back to factory new. Really great bag, but like everyone said, you'll be happy with either. Both made in the US by people who are paid a living wage too.

OP
CO-AJ

CO-AJ

WKR
I should close this out with I ended up going with the WM Versalite from Hermit's Hut. The bag is exceedingly well made and I have stayed in it a couple of nights. Headed out tomorrow for an overnighter at 9200'.

LandYacht

WKR
how big are you in the chest? I got a WM Badger on the way but wondering if 65” girth will leave me with cold spots. Im 54” in circumference around my arms and chest. The Versalite is 62” which may for me better.

Sorry was in the woods. 53”, so pretty dang close.

LandYacht

WKR
I should close this out with I ended up going with the WM Versalite from Hermit's Hut. The bag is exceedingly well made and I have stayed in it a couple of nights. Headed out tomorrow for an overnighter at 9200'.

Whoops! Congrats!