FHF bino harness

so last weekend i used my fhf bino harness for the first time, wow! what an improvement over my S4 and crooked horn that i was using before that.
its very simple.
similar in design and concept to the s4 as well. but the harness rides so much better. does not feel like its just hanging from my neck. the straps dont get loose, theyre made of webbing instead of the "stretchy" thats used on the s4.
it has a small zipped pocket that i have my lic. in, another small pocket i have a folding knife in and a mesh side pouch for my wind poof.
the tethers for the binos have quick disconnect clips for people like me that have people saying, "hey, let me look."
all in all, LOVE THIS PIECE OF GEAR!!!!
after a long search i think im done looking at bino systems.
now im in process of talking with paul about some other custom pieces...

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I could not agree more. I was going to start my own thread, but this is a great spot, FTF!

Mine is much the same, although there is some elastic webbing on the sides of mine that snug it right up to the bins. Paul wanted some feedback on that feature: Umm... it is great! No bouncing, no sagging. The pouch stays where it is supposed to.

A couple weeks ago, I got checked by an Alaskan Wildlife Trooper. The first thing he did was say, "Where is your harvest ticket?" Now, we were just moving camp from one unit to the next at the time, and I didn't have my pack. I did, however, have my harvest ticket properly punched in my zippered FHF harness pocket. "My harvest ticket is right here, sir." He took a look, handed it back, and off we were to camp. Well, with the Trooper in tow, as he wanted to inspect the carcasses. The netting pockets are great for wind-check and lip goop. the pack provides full coverage, so you can leave the lens covers at camp, if you want. The QR for sharing glass or putting your bins on a tripod was awesome.

My FHF harness pouch was my favorite piece of new gear on the hunt. An absolute home run!

dotman

WKR
Careful, his gear is like Kifaru, once you start it is hard to stop :). I currently have the bino case, rangefinder case, holster and hand muff.

My bino case is just like yours Matt and I wouldn't change a thing, it is awesome not having it flop around.

OP
fillthefreezer
i picked mine up used from a member on here, was just what i wanted too without the wait. foliage, matches my kifaru.
mine also has the elastic in the sides but nowhere on the harness like the s4 did. I've only logged 22.5 miles with it but wow, it never bugged me. only time i EVER even had to fuss with it was the side tension straps after shedding the jacket in the AM and making sure when i shouldered my pack everything was riding right. and there it stayed!

next items I'm in the "design" stage of if you will are a gps and camera pouch for my right side and a holster for the left

HOT ROD

WKR
I to picked up one used. From a member on here. And I really like it. Mine has the elastic sides. And the little front pocket. That fits my iphone 4s. I really like the herness

AZ Ron

Lil-Rokslider
I'll ditto what everyone says. I really like my FHF Gear bino harness. Here are some pics...
u6ezGJRuCIWyNLJk0HAKq9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0
bino%2520harness1.jpg

bino%2520harness3.jpg

bino%2520harness2.jpg

Ron

I really like the FHF gear. It was well worth the wait until Paul got back from hunting. The workmanship and design is awesome! I have the small Bino harness system, rangefinder pouch, bear spray holster and a GPS pouch.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
+1 for the harness

I bought one just before opening day this year---it is by far the best I have used and believe me, I have them all.

Randy

Craig4791

WKR
I've been on the waiting list for a few months now. Hopefully he will call soon !

OBP

WKR
Paul's stuff is bullet proof. I picked up his bino case, rangefinder case and bear spray holster last summer. It's very well built, rugged, and what I like best about it is that it doesn't move when it's on. I've seen a lot of other cases that shift or bounce, the FHF case stays tight right against you, and stays that way all day. Plus Paul is great to work with.

I've been on the waiting list for a few months now. Hopefully he will call soon !

It does take a while to get product but it will be worth your wait. I dealt comunicating with Paul through email. He was upfront with me on delay once hunting season was in full gear. It took a few months for me too but I'm real happy with his design and workmanship.

Just placed an order myself. Been using the badlands bino vault the past two years but after hearing how loud it can be when it closes and it's quiet outside, that was enough. I can't wait to get this one!

I love my FHF gear, I have the bino and the rangefinder case right on the strap as well. Its a great set up and I couldn't recommend it more. He even made the straps larger for my 53 inch chest! Also have a bear spray holster from him and that is top notch quality as well.

Got the bino cases tonight, first impression was that this will be one of those products that will make you wonder how you ever functioned without it. Money well spent, we're gonna love these things.