FHF Gear Bino Harness and Razco Holster Review, By Matt Cashell

Shrek

WKR
Thanks for the review Matt. You turned me onto the FHF Binocular holder originally and I owe you a big thanks for that. I’ve been super happy with mine but the added features of the new Pro M is going to get me to order a Pro M

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the review Matt. You turned me onto the FHF Binocular holder originally and I owe you a big thanks for that. I’ve been super happy with mine but the added features of the new Pro M is going to get me to order a Pro M

Thanks.

There are a few good options on the market, but this is definitely my favorite. The PRO-M update manages to keep everything good about the original, while adding genuinely useful additional features.

bnoble318

FNG
If these had detachable clips on the shoulder straps, theyd be exactly what i want. Anyone done a mod to convert it to clips?

With this new Pro-M, is the front zippered pouch a little roomier than the original? I've had one about 4 years now and the zippered pouch is so tight that I forget it's there and don't really put anything into it. If it had a bit of bellows to it and a right side zipper for access would be really nice. Could put my phone in there. I may be upgrading to this one with the holster option.

robie

WKR
Matt,

How did you feel the weight balance was of having your pistol hanging from you bino harness.

Did it ever feel like you had to much weight forward?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
With this new Pro-M, is the front zippered pouch a little roomier than the original? I've had one about 4 years now and the zippered pouch is so tight that I forget it's there and don't really put anything into it. If it had a bit of bellows to it and a right side zipper for access would be really nice. Could put my phone in there. I may be upgrading to this one with the holster option.

The zippered pocket is still pretty small. I use it for licenses.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Matt,

How did you feel the weight balance was of having your pistol hanging from you bino harness.

Did it ever feel like you had to much weight forward?

No it didn’t. Once adjusted properly it carried like it wasn’t even there. It kind of surprised me just how well it worked.

Great review. I've been looking at other brands for a new bino harness. Marsupial, AGC and FHF but I always seem to come back to the FHF. Probably going to bite the bullet and order an FHF harness and range finder pouch. Thank you for the review.

NDGuy

WKR
No it didn’t. Once adjusted properly it carried like it wasn’t even there. It kind of surprised me just how well it worked.
Do we just need to measure our bino height for size fitting? I have 10x42 Vortex Talons and was curious on the size. I am thinking of grabbing this harness with the Razco Holster and selling my AGC.

Did the pistol rattle in the holster? I just got one and it seems awfully noisy? Not sure if it is normal or if mine may not have been formed to close enough tolerances?

NDGuy

WKR
Do we just need to measure our bino height for size fitting? I have 10x42 Vortex Talons and was curious on the size. I am thinking of grabbing this harness with the Razco Holster and selling my AGC.

Everyone forget my comment I’m lazy and didn’t check it’s on Blackovis’ website. They have a size chart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
The only thing I think AGC has on FHF is that most come with a rangefinder pouch and have a bit more options for storage right with the harness. With FHF I would be ordering it for nearly $20-40 with the accessories.

Thanks.

There are a few good options on the market, but this is definitely my favorite. The PRO-M update manages to keep everything good about the original, while adding genuinely useful additional features.

I was just looking at their site today and came to the forum to get some opinions and saw this thread. Do you know which size fits the newer Geovids best?

The site says the medium fits 7.1” and the Geovids are 7”. Wondering if it’s better to size up?