FHF Gear Chest Rig

The Angelo Kid

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have any experience running the FHF Chest Rig for binos while hunting? Maybe with a Rangefinder Pouch on the front. Just curious to hear folks thoughts/experiences. Much obliged for any feedback.

brsnow

WKR
I have fhf small with range finders pouch. Just got it and wore it in two hunts this fall. Really comfortable, downside for me would be noise. If your brush a rifle against it, it seems loud. I am hoping it softens up with use as the comfort level is great.

I like mine,its also a small.Wanted something small and slim.The noise is the only issue,will probably soften after a wash or two.

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my set up from FHF. It has a small footprint, comfotable, and works well with my MR Metcalf, and Pintler. There are other brands out there that are larger ect. I did not want to have my bino pouch turn into a front pack. Small and simple.

I also like the "compactness" (is that a word?) of it while still allowing me to carry a wind checker and cow call on the sides. The zippered pocket is a nice place to keep your tags handy too.
I put a bear spray holder on the bottom (when needed).
The harness stays tight & keeps everything secured.
I've heard complaints about how the lid opens backwards instead of frontwards but that never bothered me at all.

Beckjhong

WKR
I wear one scouting and hunting, and have 2 years of probably days a month in it. I run a rangefinder pouch and either a razco holster or bear spray on the bottom.

-make sure it’s snug against your chest to decrease noise and rubbing. I like mine high and tight.
-edge of the razco holster plate will rub holes in your clothing if you don’t pad it
-top of the harness makes a sweet rifle rest when moving
-base your pouch size off of the height of your binos taking into account how far out your eye cups are for you

I love it. Dries quickly, is quiet, keeps everything clean, holds up to falls/brush/blood/etc. plenty of room for the essentials. Binos kept clean. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it.

OP
T

The Angelo Kid

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate everyone's input on this. However, I think I wasn't super clear with my original question. I was trying to figure out if anyone was using FHF's actual Chest Rig in lieu of the Bino Harness. See photo. Sorry for the confusion.
AB41A78A-F595-4BC9-9239-5248816218D4_480x.png

brsnow

WKR
My bad, I have the bino harness and fishing one, but not the gear one

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I have one and really like it. It is comfortable, does not get in the way, protects the binos, allows easy access, and opens one handed and quietly without magnets to mess up a compass/avi transceiver/RECCO (if any of those things are a concern for your uses). It is well built.