FHF Razco holster v Kenai holster

42_Savage

FNG
Curious if anyone has used both and has an opinion.

I ran the Razco last season and like it. Had some mild discomfort from chafing when in the saddle.

Sort of like the idea of the Kenai because it may be able to rest higher on the chest underneath the FHK. What I don’t love about it is the elastic in the band and the buckles don’t lock and are too large to switch out for the locking kind.

Will be using either with a 10mm 1911 if that helps.

Thanks.

DocD5150

FNG
Curious if anyone has used both and has an opinion.

I ran the Razco last season and like it. Had some mild discomfort from chafing when in the saddle.

Sort of like the idea of the Kenai because it may be able to rest higher on the chest underneath the FHK. What I don’t love about it is the elastic in the band and the buckles don’t lock and are too large to switch out for the locking kind.

Will be using either with a 10mm 1911 if that helps.

Thanks.
I have a brand new Kenai for the Glock 40 10mm that I have no more need for. I tried it on and rolled around the house to see how secure it was. The Glock 40 did not budge an inch and it does not interfere with a back pack. Seriously the most legit chest holster ever. BUT .... I sold the Glock and got the new Springfield TRP 10mm. So I'm selling it.

I have a brand new Kenai for the Glock 40 10mm that I have no more need for. I tried it on and rolled around the house to see how secure it was. The Glock 40 did not budge an inch and it does not interfere with a back pack. Seriously the most legit chest holster ever. BUT .... I sold the Glock and got the new Springfield TRP 10mm. So I'm selling it.
You can buy just the "shell" holster part for your new gun and still use the harness. You'd be left with the extra G40 shell though.

DocD5150

FNG
You can buy just the "shell" holster part for your new gun and still use the harness. You'd be left with the extra G40 shell though.
Not for my new Springy TRP I can’t. It’s such a new gun that they don’t have the mold for it yet and Kyle said they probably won’t for quite a while. I can send them my gun to have it made, but I’m not about to do that with a $2100 pistol. I’ll have something custom made here locally.

Not for my new Springy TRP I can’t. It’s such a new gun that they don’t have the mold for it yet and Kyle said they probably won’t for quite a while. I can send them my gun to have it made, but I’m not about to do that with a $2100 pistol. I’ll have something custom made here locally.

Ahh, I gotcha. I figured the railed 1911 would fit that.

DocD5150

FNG
Ahh, I gotcha. I figured the railed 1911 would fit that.
I thought so too. But apparently a 6" railed 1911 is pretty different on the lock up of the trigger guard portion of the holster. It doesn't even sit in properly. Its too big and the trigger is exposed. NO BUENO.

Mi_fiveo

WKR
I went with the Razco and like it so far. Why would I want to strap on two harnesses when I can just use one. I also think the Kenai sitting behind the FHF Bino Harness is kind of obstructed and would be harder to draw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HuntWyld

WKR
Ya if your going to use both in congruence the razco is probably better. I own the Kenai and it’s not ideal to run with a Bino harness but works well on its own.