Fibromyalgia - anyone here have it?

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
I was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Apparently I've had it for about 3 years now, but only within the last six months has it really hit me.

It just hurts all over. They're going to try to start me on Cymbalta, but I first have to back off some other meds that have contraindications to it.

For those of you who have it, how has it changed your hunting? Can you still do a stalking hunt with a backpack? What have you found that helps with the pain, and what have you found to be just snake oil? Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
My brother-in-law has it. I will check with him on remedies.
Did you mean Humara? My wife was prescribed Cymbalta for depression as a psych drug. We came to call it CymBITCHta. She had to get off it before we divorced!! If it is for other conditions such as yours watch the mood side affects.

OP
tcpip95

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
No, it's Cymbalta. It's used to treat depression as well as FM. In both cases it does something to the brain and pain receptors. Thanks for the heads up about it.

Last edited:
Fibromyalgia is kind of a catch all for we know it's something, but we are unsure of just what. My wife has the diagnosis, has had it for over 2 decades. The things that work for her are stretching and yoga every morning and evening, regular walks and just pushing through it. Fibromyalgia can present differently in different people.

Fyi, a side effect of most depression medication is depression. My wife refuses it. I don't necessarily agree with her on that stance; but it her case, she certainly does not need depression medication. My wife is also a breast cancer survivor and went through chemotherapy. I can honestly say, when it comes to such things, she is way tougher than me.

Find what works for you and be religious about the routine.

Best wishes!

I'm a clinical pharmacist with experience treating pain. Best thing I can say with Cymbalta is to keep adherent to your med regimen and try things like yoga and exercise as able. This med seems to either make people sleepy or keep them awake at night, so find where you land and take in the morning or at night so the side effects can actually help you. This med helps rebalance your body's neurotransmitters and can take 4-6 weeks to have a full effect. Dont be afraid to speak up if its not working as there are other options to consider. Best of luck and sorry if this is tmi :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk