Field Charging iPhone 13

Voyageur

WKR
In the field I have always used an Anker 10000 mAh battery pack to charge my iPhone. The new iPhone 13 uses a USB-C to Lightning cable. I have no idea what that means, only that it is supposed to charge faster. Do I need to make any changes for field charging my new iPhone 13, or will my current set up still work?
Totally ignorant on this subject, so reply in the simplest of terms.
Thanks.

Correct, a USB to lightening cord will still charge the phone. However if you used a USB-C to lightening cord it would indeed charge the Phone faster. You need to check and see if your Anker has a USB-C port though. It may only have a USB port. I upgraded my chargers to ones that have both a USB (to charge my watch) and a USB-C (For my phone).FAA5AA40-B276-4F48-A27E-992E50F920E2.jpeg
USB on left USB-C on right. (In case you weren’t aware of the size difference)

Last edited:
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

WKR
@Theringworm thanks for the pics. I was not aware of the size difference.
@Cant hit em Good advice. That was the first thing I did, but I was wondering if there might be long term problems doing so that didn't show up on one overnight charge.

ODB

WKR
I don’t think, given the rate at which you will likely exhaust your phone battery, it will matter if you use the ‘old’ cable. Plus you can always just leave it plugged in when using.