Field optics research bino adapter - wobbly

My Field Optics Research bino adapter gen 1 has a lot of play where the stud meets the mount. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? Should I have paid up for the Outdoorsmans?

tdhanses

WKR
You get what you pay for, I haven’t used one but of all the ones I’ve used, nothing has been as solid as the outdoorsman setups.

IdahoHntr

WKR
I have zero issues with mine glassing. It doesn't move while I'm using it at all and it is easy to get on and off. Can't really ask for more from a bino adapter in my opinion. I would definitely put it on the list of items that well outperformed what I paid for it, and that's a very short list!

There is a little play if I pull on them at the right angles a bit, but they don't move when I am using it for glassing, so I don't see any issue there.

Rodéo

WKR
Mine is a really tight fit. Sometimes too tight, like so tight that it takes me a few attempts to get the bino's off the adapter in cold weather. They have a really good warranty so I'm sure they'd send you a new one if you sent your old one back but it is the middle of hunting season...

Either way like @IdahoHntr said, not an issue when glassing unless they're literally falling off the adapter.

Splurging for outsdoorsmans is up to you.. I like my FO, no need to upgrade.