Fieldcraft theoretical question

bluumoon

WKR
Lets say you have a .308 Fieldcraft that you are perfectly happy with and can reload for, but also have a NIB one in 6.5CM sitting in the safe....

Do you hold onto the 6.5CM for when your 2yo son is old enough to start hunting, or possibly even the wife, or sell it to fund some other equipment (rifle/scopes) you want but would otherwise have to wait a few months to get (back ordered any way)....

Yeah, I agree with keeping it. The bottom line is, they’re not making these anymore, and they may never go back into production. It’s a great rifle and it’s money in the bank, should you ever “REALLY” need to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumman

WKR
I had some similar thoughts on rifles then my kids ended up shooting left handed. The ones I had saved back for them were not...

The Fieldcrafts are nice rifles for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lets say you have a .308 Fieldcraft that you are perfectly happy with and can reload for, but also have a NIB one in 6.5CM sitting in the safe....

Do you hold onto the 6.5CM for when your 2yo son is old enough to start hunting, or possibly even the wife, or sell it to fund some other equipment (rifle/scopes) you want but would otherwise have to wait a few months to get (back ordered any way)....
I was thinking you should sell the 6.5CM to me and put that money towards a new project!! Lol. PM me if you decide to sell it!

TxxAgg

WKR
Sell it now for a nice profit and pad the college fund.

Your kid might want a different gun or could wind up wrong handed or wrong eye dominant or not like hunting or whatever, etc.

mvrk28

WKR
Keep it, money comes and goes. You can always earn that money another way but once it’s gone you’ll never get your hands on a new one.

OP
B

bluumoon

WKR
Sell it now for a nice profit and pad the college fund.

Your kid might want a different gun or could wind up wrong handed or wrong eye dominant or not like hunting or whatever, etc.
Kid has a pretty good jump on the college fund and steady contributions... It’s more of delaying purchasing a .223 and scope for training vs sticking w the .22 for a bit.