Fierce firearms carbon fury/rival

Strange. I have a few Christensen as well and zero issues.
I have no direct experience with Christensen. Just word of mouth from friends who have used them. I wish I would have just bought a christensen from sportsmans when they were on sale. Can't get much worse than spending $2500 on a custom one from the fierce factory for it to have issues.

Arctic_Beaver

Lil-Rokslider
Yup, and now that I've joined these forums I am hearing more and more about these same issues. You would think that after having the same issue over and over again on the same rifles, you ld start looking into a flaw in the design and redesigning it. I'm still sold its a flaw in the way they designed the bolt extractor. But I'm no expert either.

Also a side note good luck having him call u back if you left a message. Takes a solid 2 or 3 days lol. I always call everyday and I've maybe caught him on the phone like twice.
To follow back up on this, I did get ahold of their Service guy after a couple days of trying. He said the cause was likely that some particles got stuck in alongside the extractor and the inner part of the bolt, and changed angle of it a bit which caused excessive wear and for the extractor claw to break off. If that makes any sense? I can't say I've done any thorough cleaning after disassembling the bolt after the 200-300 rounds or so I've put through it. Although, I've never had this issue on my Tikka's or Barrett Fieldcraft after putting many more rounds through them.

They did offer to ship me a new extractor claw for free. I asked for two and they obliged, in order to keep a spare on hand when I am out in the field in case it still has issues.

541hunter

WKR
Update on my ct rival 22” barrel chambered in 300 win mag. I have about 25 rounds down the pipe so not a whole bunch but I can’t get it to shoot better than 2 moa at 100 yards. I followed their break in procedure to the letter. I have tried 205 Berger elites, 185 Berger vlds, 190 eldms and for the heck of it I tried some Remington core-lokts. All shot right at 2 moa except the eldm which was worse. Have a few other bullets to try but have a hard time believing it’s going to ever meet the guarantee. Below is a pic of the 185 Berger
5717c525747370f237659a96a427e688.jpg

KINGSNAKE

WKR
I have had a fury for several years and really like the gun but this summer my extractor quit pulling brass. They replaces the extractor. Hope they changed the material so this one lasts longer. I wish I would have requested a spare.

Mw01313

FNG
Update on my ct rival 22” barrel chambered in 300 win mag. I have about 25 rounds down the pipe so not a whole bunch but I can’t get it to shoot better than 2 moa at 100 yards. I followed their break in procedure to the letter. I have tried 205 Berger elites, 185 Berger vlds, 190 eldms and for the heck of it I tried some Remington core-lokts. All shot right at 2 moa except the eldm which was worse. Have a few other bullets to try but have a hard time believing it’s going to ever meet the guarantee. Below is a pic of the 185 Berger
5717c525747370f237659a96a427e688.jpg
I bought the exact same rifle back in December. I wanted something light that would be a do all rifle for me. I broke in my barrel according to their instructions with some cheap Winchester 180s. My groups during that process looked alot like yours. It did shoot the 200 eldx factory loads right at 1 moa from the bench. What I learned was that a super light, short barreled magnum is tough to shoot. Took me really working on my form and going to shooting from prone to get better results. Once I got used to it and doing load development, the thing will shoot. Below is a load I threw together with 168 match bullets and n165. Shot these to get shots on the barrel and settle it in. The second pic is 200 ABs with H4831ssc. Stats on the load aren't too impressive but I am not too much of a long range guy anyway.

Attachments

• 20220119_164805.jpg
    20220119_164805.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220820_102747.jpg
    20220820_102747.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 27

541hunter

WKR
I bought the exact same rifle back in December. I wanted something light that would be a do all rifle for me. I broke in my barrel according to their instructions with some cheap Winchester 180s. My groups during that process looked alot like yours. It did shoot the 200 eldx factory loads right at 1 moa from the bench. What I learned was that a super light, short barreled magnum is tough to shoot. Took me really working on my form and going to shooting from prone to get better results. Once I got used to it and doing load development, the thing will shoot. Below is a load I threw together with 168 match bullets and n165. Shot these to get shots on the barrel and settle it in. The second pic is 200 ABs with H4831ssc. Stats on the load aren't too impressive but I am not too much of a long range guy anyway.

Thank you for the hope. I hope it’s just me. My old unbraked 300 win mag is with in a couple ounces and I could shoot that just under 1 moa with a factory 180 Barnes ttsx. I’m shooting my fierce suppressed. I’ll work on my form and give prone a try. I will also have someone else shoot it to rule everything (me) out.

Ssmith6

FNG
It seems to shoot pretty good at 600 too 😉

Since I just got a like on my previous post (#8) on this thread; I thought I should update my opinion. Based on a few more recient posts (a finished and sold Fierce rifle with no rifling in the barrel discovered by the customer, after Fierce returned the rifle to the customer due to issues is the most aggregous example). In short, at this time, I would NOT purchase another Fierce rifle as quality control appears to be significantly impacted in a negative manner, and customer service appears to not want to admit to and properly fix issues that clearly Fierce's responsibility.

Weldor

WKR
I have a Stainless Fury (canadian made) 22" 6.5 prc purchased from a member on here. It shoots great no issues. It is a long action. I also own a Carbon Roque 20" cf bbl. 6.5 prc. 2 different weapons entirely. The Fury is super smooth, The Roque is really tight, if you put any side pressure working the bolt it is a little sticky. I believe this will wear in. So far the Roque shoots well. the weight is really the best part, it is a pleasure to carry and handle. It is the Rem clone except the scope mounts are not the same as a 700. you have to get Talley's or a rail made for it. Both shoot MOA or better depending on how I shoot them.

541hunter

WKR
Update on my rifle. I sent my rifle back to fierce. They ran their tests and found the rifle out of spec. They replaced the barrel and test fired it. Sent me the below target with the rifle. It took about 4 months to get my rifle back from the day I sent it off. Received it back in June but due to other life commitments (work, coaching son’s baseball teams and grad school) I have yet to shoot it.
665758e07e9eb802b050f66690e23d10.jpg