Fierce Firearms long range school

I attended a Fierce Long range school over the weekend and I thought I would post a simple review. I am new to any kind of accuracy shooting so use that as your basis. I picked up my first Tikka last year and sent it off to get the business at Hill Country Rifles. It shoots great. I ordered a Tikka 6.5CM from Cabelas and when I was there to pick it up I panicked and bought the $1800 Fierce. That started my looking into Fierce and signing up for the school.

On arriving we met a Pheasant hill lodge where meals and lodging were provided. The owners showed up for dinner and spent a few hours with us that night. They joined us for breakfast the next day and were with us almost every minute of class. If you backed away from the scope and scratched your head they already knew what the question was and headed right over to help. There were almost always three of them on spotters and 11 students. So it was usually one spotter per shooter since we rotated to to let the firearms cool.

Day one we met with the owners and gunsmiths on the small and personal factory floor to go over anything we wanted done. In my case I wanted a bipod, rail mount , and a bubble level. While we were in the first hour of class all work was completed and all firearms were chronographed. There were there to help and adjust things all weekend. The first hour was all the basics you might assume such as ethical shooting, MOA, software and equipment. After that we were shooting and confirming zero. I had been previously limited to about 200 yards but the range directly behind Fierce goes to well over a mile with a huge assortment of targets. Sasquatch is high on a hill and out a mile. We broke for lunch and fierce took us out to a restaurant. By the time we got back all of the metal targets were freshly painted and we were good to go. By the end of the day I could consistently hit the 10" plate out to 800 yards with the first shot.

The morning of day two was positional shooting for those needing that skill and some choose to use the time to hit the one mile target. I chose to shoot as much as I could in the various positions under 500 yards to develop my skills dialing and reading wind. It was really open to any distance you wanted to shoot and I occasionally poked out to the 775 target jus to do it. That afternoon after the provided lunch it was reality check time. It was to teach us and talk about what an ethical shot is for each of us. We each brought 20 rounds and headed up in the hills where the practical stations were set up. The basic shooting skills were covered at the stations like shooting sticks, prone, off hand and fence posts. I learned I have no business shooting at anything offhand beyond 100 yards.

The entire time the top Fierce people were right there with us genuinely excited for our success. Sure there are other great schools but I just wanted to share my experience with this one and I highly recommend it. If you are buying a fierce and are not too far away you can pick it up there and use the range and they will spend an hour with you getting you dialed it. Bring lots of ammo because the only thing limiting how many shots you take is the temperature of your barrel. I was not asked to write this I just want share. While there are obviously proud of their rifles there was no sales pitch time ever.

How many rounds do you recommend? 100, 300, 500?
I would love to do that, just having enough ammo these days is hard to find.

Also, do they do both MOA and .mil methods, or just stick with moa?
Sounds like fun.
do you have to have a fierce to do this (i do, but my brothers dont)

OP
NevadaMike
How many rounds do you recommend? 100, 300, 500?
I would love to do that, just having enough ammo these days is hard to find.

Also, do they do both MOA and .mil methods, or just stick with moa?
Sounds like fun.
do you have to have a fierce to do this (i do, but my brothers dont)
I went through about 90 rounds. Some people went through more and some less. They do not require any particular rifle. We only used MOA but I am sure Mil would be fine too.

Sounds like a great time. Thanks for sharing did you happen to bring the hcr along as well? One thing I realize doing long is that I do way better with high magnification. Everything is Rem to read is 10 is more than enough for 1000. Not my cup of tea. I like seeing my own impacts through the scope. 😉