Fill Hydration Bladder While It's In the Pack

TX_Diver

WKR
I know sawyer makes stuff like the Fast Fill system designed to hook up to their filters.

I'm not filtering water but would love to be able to fill the bladder while it's still in my pack. Is there a similar adapter or hook-up that would let me put clean water into the bladder through the hose? When I get back to the truck I have the 7 Gallon water totes and usually some 1 gallon bottles that I will use to re-fill the bladder.

Bladder is a Platypus Big Zip 2L. Pack is a first gen exo K1.

Cheers

OP
T

TX_Diver

WKR
Hmmm. I have some of those platypus soft bottles. Wonder if the threads are the same...

If not I could always just buy the sawyer squeeze bags it looks like.

OP
T

TX_Diver

WKR
Ordered the adapter and will report back in a week or so when it gets here with what fits the threads. Worst case I could just get the sawyer bags.

I use the sawyer filter exclusively. I have some new unused bags laying around. I could send you a couple. I use the Cnoc. They are more durable and easy to fill with the open end.

I just dug out my old 3L platypus bag. The threads fit it too. So all three I tried work. Guess the threads are pretty standard across the board. Hope it works out for what you need.

Ac338

WKR
Same, the threads on my sawyer, platypus and cnoc are all the same. Just make sure you get the blue cap cnoc as the other color has different size threads if im not mistaken. Also the tubing on the fast flow platypus is a different size so I stick with the standard bite valve.

Warmsy

WKR
I think I got this off of Amazon... it's a quick- disconnect fitting for 1/4" tubing. Barbed fittings. Cut the sipping house from my 3L platypus, installed it, and it works great. My bladder fits into an inside pocket... so I just take my water filter out of the lid, hook up the q/d fitting, and pump until it's full. With a couple more parts, you could set out up the same way with your bag on the ground, reservoir on the truck, and fill up in several seconds without undoing a zipper.

Attachments

• 20200808_205830.jpg
    20200808_205830.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 42
OP
T

TX_Diver

WKR
The sawyer fast fill accepts the platypus soft bottle threads just to close this out.

Thanks for the early feedback from everyone!