Filling leather cracks/gouges

Got a few gouges/cracks in my crispis from prickler bushes, etc. I’d like to fill them to prevent them from getting any worse. Anyone know of a good product to fill them in? Pic of the main gouge in question…0D13D4CC-341C-4E66-88DF-67AF00DE13F6.jpeg

Last edited:
I would use 3M 5200 Marine Adhesive Sealant, that stuff is crazy strong, I've used it to fix cracks on my boots before with amazing results. The only drawback to this stuff is that it takes 5 - 7 days for it to fully cure, but when it's done, it isn't going anywhere and it will be there forever.

I would use 3M 5200 Marine Adhesive Sealant, that stuff is crazy strong, I've used it to fix cracks on my boots before with amazing results. The only drawback to this stuff is that it takes 5 - 7 days for it to fully cure, but when it's done, it isn't going anywhere and it will be there forever.
And it is sticking to your leather soaked in boot dressing? Not just using on the rubber right? I have a tube of this and have never considered using it for an application like this.

That's a fair question. I did not use it in the same manner that the OP is talking about using it, but as long as you didn't just slather your boots with a greasy waterproof dressing yesterday, I have a hunch that it will stick just fine. It'll cost you about $16 to find out.

It's also available in white.

dont know if its the correct thing but i had a slice in my leather boots that didnt go all the way through. i used super glue and sanded lightly over the top when it was dry. still holding up. came up as a suggestion when i googled it.

Not sure you would want to actually do this but if you think it maybe be a continued problem for ya.

I completely coat the entire toe of my work boots in shoe goo. Entire leather toe about 1/8" thick.
And it creates a hard shell.

We do alot of kneeling on rocks at work and always trash the toes if ya don't.