Filling the void in the offseason

I have a bit of a hunting obsession. I hunt every chance I get in the spring (turkeys) and fall (whitetail, mule deer and elk). This tends to leave a void in my life from January through March and from June through August. What do you guys do to fill the void or redirect the obsession during the offseason?

KurtR

WKR
Hunt waterfowl,coyotes,pheasants do some ice fishing. train the dog every day and run hunt tests in the summer and august 15th early goose starts it all over again.

I have a bit of a hunting obsession. I hunt every chance I get in the spring (turkeys) and fall (whitetail, mule deer and elk). This tends to leave a void in my life from January through March and from June through August. What do you guys do to fill the void or redirect the obsession during the offseason?
i fish salmon and steelhead, and call for lions.... and work so i can hunt the normal seasons a lot ;) ... work is also fishing

CCooper

WKR
Ducks, Geese, and Grouse, Winter Steelhead, and Trout lately on the Fly Rod. Also my favorite time to shoot as much as I can- Bow & Rifle and tweak rifle loads.

January
Go to Mexico to hunt Coues.
Hunt waterfowl in AZ.
Hunt predators in AZ.
Explore potential new hunting areas in AZ.

February
Hunt javelina in AZ.
Hunt predators in AZ.

March
Hunt black bear in AZ.
Hunt predators in AZ.

April
Hunt black bear in AZ.
Hunt predators in AZ.

May-July
Hunt low-fence exotics and hogs in TX.
Hunt predators in AZ.
Hunt jackrabbits.

August
Hunt black bear in AZ (assuming I’m not tagged out).
Hunt predators in AZ.

Add in a turkey hunt or two in the spring if I can fit it in my work schedule.

Plus add whatever I draw in AZ beside javelina.

I also glass during the “off-season” to keep the eyes sharp.

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
I get after the coyotes, and I find I get a lot of enjoyment in the winter from feeding the deer on our land. We're getting the cold & snow now up here in NW MN.

I get after the coyotes, and I find I get a lot of enjoyment in the winter from feeding the deer on our land. We're getting the cold & snow now up here in NW MN.
used to be fun until to the CWD positive deer in fisher/climax and now its illegal to feed in all NW MN except Kittson County

January
Go to Mexico to hunt Coues.
Hunt waterfowl in AZ.
Hunt predators in AZ.

February
Hunt javelina in AZ.
Hunt predators in AZ.

March
Hunt black bear in AZ.
Hunt predators in AZ.

April
Hunt black bear in AZ.
Hunt predators in AZ.

May-July
Hunt low-fence exotics and hogs in TX.
Hunt predators in AZ.
Hunt jackrabbits.

August
Hunt black bear in AZ (assuming I’m not tagged out).
Hunt predators in AZ.

Add in a turkey hunt or two in the spring if I can fit it in my work schedule.

Plus add whatever I draw in AZ beside javelina.

I also glass during the “off-season” to keep the eyes sharp.
Damn i miss AZ. Such a great place and such a variety of critters/times of year to hunt. Headed back down in Feb for a javelina hunt with some buddies from down there.

Lowg08

WKR
I start scouting as soon as season closes. I hunt turkey and some rabbit and squirrels. Some upland birds. May to sept is lake season. We have a place at the lake so I get my nap and tan on

Ice fishing… starts right when hunting season finishes and wraps up just before spring turkey!!

WCB

WKR
HUNT...I do a bunch of Yote and Fox hunting. You could do some trapping. Really depends on where in the U.S. you are. Wouldn't recommend Ice Fishing or Dark House Spearing if you are in Florida. But up here we are in full swing.