Filming my hunts?

Good afternoon,

I'm looking into possibly purchasing a camera this year.

I'm at the very beginning stages, still need to research DSLR vs mirrorless, but my objective is to have a nice camera that I can take pictures with, as well as film my hunts (treestand hunting for whitetails).

What I'd like to have is a camera that takes good video, with some sort of remote for being able to control when it takes video/zooms in etc, as well as a shotgun mic type setup (if that's even possible)?

I'm not trying to spend a ton of $, ideally keep this deal under $2k. I'd just like to be able to document my hunts/adventures better vs what I currently do (cell phone pics).

Bonus points if the camera is small enough to pack with me on my Western hunts.

Good afternoon

First decision is what format. Answer...Mirrorless. Nikon is slowly phasing out DSLR. No new models and they have basically said the 3000 and 5000 series once gone are gone forever while they are expanding their Z series lenses and lowered the price of the Z5, currently a best value. Canon has discontinued 1/2 their DSLR's in the last year with no replacements and in that same time frame have doubled their mirrorless offerings. Sony and Olympus only make mirrorless.

There are a lot of great cameras out there, well within your budget. The issue is the remote zoom. Sony has a couple of power zoom lenses that may work for you. Nikon, Canon and Olympus have none.

Feel free to call me at 516-217-1000 to discuss your needs