Filson Reliance Vs Kuiu Chugach?

jlively

Lil-Rokslider
Working on building my clothing system for my first CO elk hunt this year (September).
Based on threads from this forum, I ditched my Kuiu Axis softshell for a "hardshell", and found a good deal on a XL Filson Reliance jacket.
Not really impressed with the fit, probably should have ordered a large, and the hood seems a bit clunky. I also have some misgivings about wearing solid colors instead of camoflage. I have zero experience with western hunting so I've read it works fine. As an alternative, I've been looking at the Kuiu Chugach TR as another option. Does anyone have experience with both? Or have any suggestions for a good "hardshell" that is breathable and quiet? Not planning to go to Alaska with it. Just looking for something to cover a broad spectrum as I learn and build a kit.

So far my layers are:
Kuiu 145 merino or Sitka lw hoody
Kuiu Strongfleece 260 or Sitka Kelvin Active hoody
Kuiu Super Down Hooded Jacket
Filson Reliance (Olive)

I've also read many of you use a windshirt and a more lightweight, packable rain jacket (Dewpoint,etc.). Would that be a better option as I'm planning to mainly do archery hunts in Colorado, Wyoming, or maybe Montana over the next several years?

TIA

Bump79

WKR
I don't know much about the Filson. I've seen a few vocal people really like it on here. Polartech Neoshell has been around for a long time. It was groundbreaking when it came out but has since been surpased by other textiles. It is very quiet and breathable though. If you have it I'm sure it is fine.

My advice is to not overthink your clothing. Reality is I see people buying more nice stuff on here than the best killers I know.

I have not tried the TR version of the chugach yet, but the last 2 versions I regard as the best lightweight rain gear out there (at least for hunting companies)

evergreenethos

Lil-Rokslider
I love the Chugach. I always carry both the pants and jacket. I've never used the pants but I have used the jacket extensively. One thing I've found though, I need to always keep the pit vents open a little bit because I have not found it to be very breathable. That's fine with me because more breathable = less waterproof. It's also very quiet compared to most other raingear I've had. And super light. The hood fits me well too, I don't usually like/use hoods but I do with the Chugach.