Final Gear Check

Snyd

WKR
Best wishes to other fellow sheep hunters. I've just about got my "hunny do" list done, gears is ready, food is in the house. All I have to do is pack up and go. We're drivin to the Brooks for a walk-in Thursday.

peace

First leg kicks off in an hour! Vacuum sealing salt and some salmon and loading the truck. Good luck everyone! I hope to be hiking into our camp in 48 hours. Third fly out for me and the first one where I will just step off the plane and walk away with no base camp. 10 days worth of gear all in one pack, no extras at all!

Snyd

WKR
First leg kicks off in an hour! Vacuum sealing salt and some salmon and loading the truck. Good luck everyone! I hope to be hiking into our camp in 48 hours. Third fly out for me and the first one where I will just step off the plane and walk away with no base camp. 10 days worth of gear all in one pack, no extras at all!

I didn't think there was any other way to do it :D Sheep Hunting "base camp"?? What's that!?!?

Last edited:

Ray

WKR
Just repacked and sorted out everything to see what I am missing. It all depends on the weather on Friday as to final clothes on or in the pack.

New battery for the range finder.

That looks like it.

Kind of funny how things get spread out over a few months of stockpiling.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375764986.926344.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375765003.113301.jpg

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
I dont like relying on people for food etc. I figure it is easier to spend the hundred or so on food and bring what I know and like. I will be in the Brooks Rangs. Thought crossed my mind on that stuff also but he will have that if it is needed

Must be something wrong with me as I can eat about anything. Other than snacks and emergency food supplies, I depend on the guide for bringing the food in. Do a quick check with the outfitter to see what he has in camp before carrying anymore than you have to. The weight will get old, quick.

Good luck, Shaun. Looking forward to the pictures.:cool:

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
Well I am officially on way now sitting at first gate awaiting plane this time tomorrow I will be in sheep country! Also want to thank Aron had a little hiccup with pants getting here on time (we were able to figure it out) and no questions asked he was going to priority overnight a pair of his he just got

bbrown

WKR
Thanks! Wish I could also I will shoot text out when something gets stuck so I am sure you can stay up to date
Actually it might be a good thing that you can't do a live hunt - I would not get shit done at work in the mean time...