Final Options

TM0218

FNG
Just curious as to what y’all’s opinions are of the following boots. I live and hunt in Florida (mostly pine flats and oak scrubs). Most of my hunts require 0.5-1 mile hikes. Hoping for something that will also work for WY elk/antelope hunting in October to December. I’ve got it narrowed down to Lowa Tibets, Hanwag Alverstones, Hanwag Alaskas, schnees beartooth 0g, and kenetrek mountain extremes. Any input on those options?

Rokwiia

WKR
I can only offer a testimonial to the Schnee Absaroka and Tmberline. Both are fabulously-built boots that are so darn comfortable. Schnee also is a great company that works with you to make sure you are pleased with your selection.

As far as stiffness goes, the Absaroka has a 3 rating and the Timberline a 1 rating. The Beartooth you are consiering is a 2 rating. If the Beartooth, which I believe is their flagship boot, is anything like the Absaroka or Timberline, you'll be very pleased. The quality of the leather and workmanship of the construction is superb.

Kenetreks get my vote. Everyone has their preference and honestly you need to try on any boot before you buy it. I have put on lots of boots and wasted money on boots and it boils down to find a boot that you can wear comfortably and is built tough. Kenetreks do that for me and they last for me. I have a couple pair but really like the hard scrabble for early hunts then I go to the extremes with 400g for extra warmth. I have never wrecked a pair of Kenetreks abused yes but they have never left me high and dry. Good pair of gaiters on the hard scrabbles and you can get by in moderate temps and snow. But usually if its wet or snowy I just go with the extremes and gaiters.

Just curious as to what y’all’s opinions are of the following boots. I live and hunt in Florida (mostly pine flats and oak scrubs). Most of my hunts require 0.5-1 mile hikes. Hoping for something that will also work for WY elk/antelope hunting in October to December. I’ve got it narrowed down to Lowa Tibets, Hanwag Alverstones, Hanwag Alaskas, schnees beartooth 0g, and kenetrek mountain extremes. Any input on those options?
If you go Schnees, they've got a great sale going that ends in like 4 days.

ezshooter

FNG
Does anyone know when schnees will have their next sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk