Final Rise Vest For Turkey Hunting

GuideGun

FNG
I'm considering investing in a Final Rise vest for upland hunting but also turkey hunting. Has anybody used this vest for turkey hunting? It would appear that is has great modularity and being able to move pockets around to suit turkey hunting just fine. Be interested in seeing some custom dedicated turkey hunting pockets as well.

mudlickman2

Lil-Rokslider
The seat attachment is my only gripe when I was considering it. The way they pin it in the up position with a 3 bar slider has got to be about the worst possible attachment method I can think of trying to manipulate in the hardest to reach portion of my back.

I’m building my own from a marsupial modular kit, kifaru organizer, and pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow14

WKR
The seat attachment is my only gripe when I was considering it. The way they pin it in the up position with a 3 bar slider has got to be about the worst possible attachment method I can think of trying to manipulate in the hardest to reach portion of my back.

I’m building my own from a marsupial modular kit, kifaru organizer, and pockets.

hmmm interesting... Ive tried running the kifaru hydration pack on my bino harness but experienced alot of shoulder pain with a full bladder. Can you post some pics when you get it done? I wonder if the belt would alleviate some of that...

Shadow14

WKR
hmmm interesting... Ive tried running the kifaru hydration pack on my bino harness but experienced alot of shoulder pain with a full bladder. Can you post some pics when you get it done? I wonder if the belt would alleviate some of that...
looking at this more and I think I might go this route! Whats the exact system you are going to be running?

mudlickman2

Lil-Rokslider
looking at this more and I think I might go this route! Whats the exact system you are going to be running?

Haven’t narrowed all of it down yet. But for sure:
- Marsupial belt
- Marsupial yoke
- Kifaru Organizer pocket
- Kifaru water bottle holder

Turkey carry on the way out is my loose end….

- I’m thinking a grab it for packing out a gobbler (I’m going to order a small game bag from marsupial and see if my M-I-L can modify the top of it so that it buckles closed instead of being sewn closed. That’ll be my decoy storage / gobbler carrier if I can get the setup right.

- My general setup doesn’t include a box call. I run 2 pots, crow call and mouth calls. I think that an organizer pocket will take care of all that. Only variable right now is keeping my strikers safe from damage.

Im gonna wait for all that to come in and get set up then see if I need to add more storage pockets.

Last edited:
OP
G

GuideGun

FNG
I went ahead and ordered the new Final Rise turkey vest last weekend. Hopefully have it in a couple weeks. I have a couple of ideas to fix the seat attachment, but need to see it in person first.

Bendejo

Lil-Rokslider
I went ahead and ordered the new Final Rise turkey vest last weekend. Hopefully have it in a couple weeks. I have a couple of ideas to fix the seat attachment, but need to see it in person first.
How did you like hunting with that new vest?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk