Finally a Tikka 6.5 PRC!

Be interesting to see what they have setup for magazine, standard long action?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m looking for the plain ol super lite!
Same here, I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth (thats a saying right?) but I have no interest in those cheaply decorated models, I dont care about ceracoat, muzzle brakes or camo stocks. I'd like a basic lite or superlite....heck probably just a lite because you have more real estate to work with if you want to chop the barrel without getting into the flutes.

Plus with those fancy tikkas, once you get into that 1200.00 cost level, they aren't as good of a value compared to the basic 700 dollar stainless guns.

wildcat33

WKR
I have no interest in those cheaply decorated models, I dont care about ceracoat, muzzle brakes or camo stocks. I'd like a basic lite or superlite....heck probably just a lite because you have more real estate to work with if you want to chop the barrel without getting into the flutes.

Plus with those fancy tikkas, once you get into that 1200.00 cost level, they aren't as good of a value compared to the basic 700 dollar stainless guns.

Bingo.

Lite will surely be the last model released, but I’ll wait.

khuber84

WKR
I'd think they'd be running long action magnum magazines and a long bolt stop. They Tikka prc I have(custom barrel) functions great with that setup. They may have did the stupid and designed a magnum m+ magazine(2.95" length) and went with the creedmoor bolt stop. Who knows.......I just had my second barrel spun up for my Tikka prc. A factory version would be cool. Next they need to do a 6mm creed with a 7.5tw!

Dunky

WKR
would love to see this in a left hand light stainless if they release it. Regardless, the bolt stop and magazine are easy to swap out if needed.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Hopefully they do this ‘right’ and deliver an appropriately throated a d twisted product with no COAL restrictions.

khuber84

WKR
Hopefully they do this ‘right’ and deliver an appropriately throated a d twisted product with no COAL restrictions.

It may cost more than $50 if there is not enough free bore to really seat the bullets out there. Will be interesting to see what the specs are.
Saami freebore is 0.188, Tikka goes long of saami in several dif chambers I've loaded for in Tikka rifles. 270wsm, 300wsm,7rm, 6.5cr, all notably longer than saami. Saami 6.5cr is 190fb, and 3 dif tikkas I've measured have been closer to 0.280 I am sure the PRC will either be saami or even quite longer like the creed. Even if they run short coal, just buy a 3rd 300wm/7rm magazine, and grind down your bolt stop, problem solved. Everyone states how factory ammo is slow in tikkas, or tikkas have slow barrels, that's not really the case at all. The saami spec ammo is just jumping so far to engage the lands, it's dropping pressure and speed before doing so. Handloading to the lands gives considerable increase in performance.

Zslayer

FNG
I’m not seeing it. Ammo missing something? Clicked on your link and looked at the T3X and it’s not showing a 6.5 PRC?