Finally a Tikka 6.5 PRC!

@Zslayer scroll to the bottom of the page and download the 2021 catalog. Each rifle has cartridge list, quite a few are showing PRC.

View attachment 271545
You only see them in the catalog. I looked on the firearm selector and didn’t see them too
Yep, that's what I saw too. A few other places mentioned that they may not import everything in the catalog, but since Hornady is US based I'd guess we'll get the PRC.
I'm a little bummed we didn't get 280AI, but I suppose I might be getting greedy.

ElPollo

WKR
I noticed that Sako is currently listing the 6.5 PRC in their S20 with a 1-8" twist on their website. I would expect the Tikkas to be the same.

Vital

FNG
Most of mine light hunting rifles were build off Tikka action , nice to see 6.5 PRC offering from the factory . No doubt they will shoot ..

OutdoorAg

WKR
Twisted slow like all of their non 6.5mm rifles so you can't shoot long/heavies.

When I shot factory ammo I liked my tikka. Now... I'd probably never own another until they join this century with their twist rates.

I don’t disagree, but the 90 ELDX and 95 NBT both stabilize in the Tikka 243 factory twist and both are fully capable LR hunting bullets. IMO, out to 400+ on deer sized game.

If I need more range or oomph, I’m changing the head stamp on what I take in the field.

The 6CM is fun bc yes, it’s twisted to shoot bullets that make it sound sexy, like the 108ELDM.

z987k

WKR
I don’t disagree, but the 90 ELDX and 95 NBT both stabilize in the Tikka 243 factory twist and both are fully capable LR hunting bullets. IMO, out to 400+ on deer sized game.

If I need more range or oomph, I’m changing the head stamp on what I take in the field.

The 6CM is fun bc yes, it’s twisted to shoot bullets that make it sound sexy, like the 108ELDM.
Also anyone who shoots monos generally can't use tikka barrels either.

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
Same here, I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth (thats a saying right?) but I have no interest in those cheaply decorated models, I dont care about ceracoat, muzzle brakes or camo stocks. I'd like a basic lite or superlite....heck probably just a lite because you have more real estate to work with if you want to chop the barrel without getting into the flutes.

Plus with those fancy tikkas, once you get into that 1200.00 cost level, they aren't as good of a value compared to the basic 700 dollar stainless guns.
They are $17-1800 in Canadian dollars. I would probably take a plain t3 lite and have the barrel shortened to 20”.

c6ba66afc29c33a3d4b4121ca0051b99.jpg

What’s up with the T3x lite adjustable? Would be very interested in that option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JZee

FNG
Was just doing a random search and looks like Davidson’s has 3 Tikka 6.5 PRC models listed that will be coming out. So far looks like the Roughtech and both the Veil Wideland and Alpine models.

Manners new tikka stick is out as well. That would be an awesome combo for a reasonable price

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04