Finally bit the bullet

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Still waiting on funds for the annealer.

Put some rounds through my new barrel on my match rifle today. My old tikka loads I had left over, which were just seated to Berger factory, hammered. The barrel only has 30 rounds through it now so I’m not worried about working up a load quite yet, just going to run it for the first match with Berger seating depth and 41.5 h4350. Can’t argue with the results

E833E1DF-BD67-404A-A2B7-F581728606F1.jpegDA2198E1-8919-41DC-BDC6-A4BDBF21AC23.jpeg

Waiting on some warmer weather to work up a load on my carbon tikka. Was having pressure with 140s and 40 grains of h4350 which as me a little worried about building a load with temps being so low.

223 is getting chopped and coated as we speak. Hoping to try some xbr and get the 77 tmk going 2800.

Shooting season is finally here

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Thanks for sharing. Be interested in hearing/seeing how this works out for you. I've only read about people thinking of doing it although I haven't looked real hard.
Just ordered the annie water cooled bundle. 3-6 weeks is what they estimate for a time frame on shipping. I’ll post up here when it arrives. Iv got a boat load of brass I need to anneal.

Trippy

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered the annie water cooled bundle. 3-6 weeks is what they estimate for a time frame on shipping. I’ll post up here when it arrives. Iv got a boat load of brass I need to anneal.
I ordered one and today is 3 weeks from when I did so, same thing in a water cooled Annie. Found a scissor lift on Amazon that doesn't look too bad, about the same as theirs. I emailed Fluxeon about a "trap door table" for the brass and they kindly sent me one customer's print for making one.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
I ordered one and today is 3 weeks from when I did so, same thing in a water cooled Annie. Found a scissor lift on Amazon that doesn't look too bad, about the same as theirs. I emailed Fluxeon about a "trap door table" for the brass and they kindly sent me one customer's print for making one.
Curious when yours will ship. I have heard that their ship times vary quite a bit.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Any news on the Annie if it shipped or not?

Trippy

Lil-Rokslider
Any news on the Annie if it shipped or not?
I got an email from Garett on 4/19 saying they had to find a new supplier for some parts, didn't spell out what exactly. He wrote "you are #64 in the queue, so it will be another few weeks before we can ship" so maybe a couple more weeks yet...

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
I got an email from Garett on 4/19 saying they had to find a new supplier for some parts, didn't spell out what exactly. He wrote "you are #64 in the queue, so it will be another few weeks before we can ship" so maybe a couple more weeks yet...
Dang. Hate to think where I’m at in the que. I guess my brass is going to get a couple firings more without annealing.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
For those watching or interested.... I ditch the annie. I placed an order back in April, waited 16 weeks with no product ( 3-6 weeks is what they estimated). Instead I had the opportunity to try an amp. I’m ashamed to say I just bought an amp.... if you want an annie in the next year you might want to order now.

Next I’m getting a giraud trimmer cause I’m sick and tired of knowing I can turn three steps into one.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
The amp made it in a week. I was having wild Velocity spreads on my match rifleES around 70, annealing brought them down to 20s again. I did learn a few things in the process.
-Annealing creates a similar stickiness to the brass, I galled the shit out of a bushing, should have read amp faq… imperial dry lube dosnt stick to the annealed neck. Also inside needs some brushing to get rid of the oxide or whatever it’s called created by annealing. Hopefully this helps with set back and neck tension consistency.
-Got some carbide mandrels on order as well to hopefully further smooth the necks. Noticed I had some galling going on my stainless mandrels.
-Shot my personal best 5 shot group with my hand loaded ammo, .19”, must be doing something right.
- @OutdoorAg I also have some pin gauges coming for my match rifle. Starting with .0015, .002 and .0025 under bullet diameter. Iv got to be close to those. Using an expander mandrel Prior to annealing I can slip a turning mandrel in (.002 under) but cannot slip an expander in. So I have to be somewhere in there. Pins will confirm I’m at the same neck tension hopefully as I continue to fire and anneal my brass.
38CE0106-C8D2-4B7B-8F13-FE53DAE0479A.jpeg
37CD3B85-D395-440B-B504-A4354359D8E1.jpeg40C1C791-1380-46BC-A542-31630CFCB69B.jpeg

Last edited: