Finally going to hunt ocellated turkeys!

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
8R3IKEH.jpg

JDFBFxe.jpg

I am super excited about this hunt! I booked a 2020 adventure to bow hunt ocellated turkeys in the Yucatan Peninsula. I don't know what it is about this critter but I've had a hankering to stick one with an arrow for almost 20 years. I finally got motivated enough to get the ball rolling. I went with Snook Inn Hunting in Campeche, Mexico. Their US booking agent in Tall Tine Outfitters in Ocala, FL.

This time next year I will be boarding a plane to start the hunt.

Darren

boom

WKR
Good luck!!! That is the most fantastic bird to hunt ever!

Man. I wanna go! (Maybe in a few; closer to retirements I

bradb

WKR
I was in Cancun last week and thought I might get in a LOT of trouble if I left the girl friend at the resort for a couple days while I hunted them quick! I want to go in the next couple years. Be interesting to hear how yours go if I dont' book sooner

If you don’t mind me asking what does a round trip cost to go down there including tips, import, and whatever else?

Are there a lot of outfitters or just a few? Who you’re going with do they offer other species like brocket deer?

OP
dhaverstick

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
Diamond10x, as I stated in my post, I went with Snook Inn Hunting (http://snookinnhunting.com) and booked through Tall Tine Outfitters (http://talltine.com). The cost for a 5-day hunt in 2020 is $3600. That is for 1 bird, 1-on-1 guide, food and lodging. They take care of all the paperwork and trophy prep but you must take the skin to a USDA approved taxidermist. They offer several species besides the turkeys. There are not a whole lot of outfitters for this turkey due to its limited range and availability.

Darren