Finally got around to it!

Blackhawk45hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Well I finally got off my butt and ordered a stove for my supertarp. I ordered a 18” Lite Outdoors cylinder stove with a 5’ pipe.

My logic is that it’s big enough to put a longer pipe on when I get myself a sawtooth eventually for camping with my son, while still being reasonable for the supertarp.

anyone else have one of these and do you guys have any tips for the initial burn in?

no real tips needed on the stove, the pipe is a little harder to put together before you burn it but not terrible. does help to have two people for the pipe the first time. wear gloves for sure.

OP
Blackhawk45hunter

Blackhawk45hunter

Lil-Rokslider
no real tips needed on the stove, the pipe is a little harder to put together before you burn it but not terrible. does help to have two people for the pipe the first time. wear gloves for sure.
Thanks man, I figured it was pretty straight forward but just wanted to make sure there weren’t any tips or tricks to a good burn in the first time.

its like 92* here so I won’t be setting it up in my supertarp. I think I’ll just set it up in the open, with the stovepipe leaning against my retaining wall in the back for support.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great stove as Noted wear gloves and practice putting together a few times before taking afield and you will be good to go👍7552030A-F08A-4ADC-9B65-7CD3974C9DF9.jpeg325A995A-6203-4036-9CE7-D84CAAF68A7E.jpeg