Finally tried digiscoping!!

well I know they are not the best but for my first try (been reading alot and asking some questions on here) I dont think they turned out too bad. we guessed her at around 8-900 yards the far pic is through my EL's with the swaro adapter and the other is with the setup bitteroot bulls has (it works awesome thanks for your input!!) well here she is and give me the good/bad need all the help i can get.

Thanks Brian

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 106

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Glad I could help Brian!

Looks like you are on your way. I am working on some material to help folks out with digiscoping. I would hate it if everybody had to go through the painstaking and expensive process I went through to get to stuff that works well.

Keep posting them up!

sk1

WKR
what camera did you end up going with?

I am in the process of setting up my scope, I have the zeikos adapter, and tines up adapter should be delivered this week....my old canon 7.1MP powershot sd1000 seems like it will work, but I would like the be able to do some HD video as well. In the market for a new camera but don't want to spend alot, thinking $150 max...I might go with the Elph 12.1MP and 1080p video, can get one on amazon for $130

Last edited:

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
I just read through the latest digiscoping article and have been looking at cameras. There are a number of inexpensive cameras that have a max 5x optical zoom to choose from. Some of them also have varying degrees of digital zoom. Is this an issue or should I be looking for a camera that has strictly optical zoom capabilities? One I am considering is a Sony Cyber-Shot DSCW650/B 16.1 megapixel that has 5x optical and 2x digital zoom with the sweep panorama mode. This camera at Best Buy is $118. Thoughts?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Forget the digital zoom. All that does is crop the image from the max optical zoom. The vignetting properties are affected by the optical zoom only. I turn off the digital zoom capabilities on my cameras.

The 650/B looks like it would work, but I haven't tried that model.

Sweep Panorama roks!