Finding LH Hunting Rifles

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider
How are you lefties managing to find hunting rifles these days?

I'm using a 25-year-old left-handed Ruger M77 .270 which has never let me down for East Coast whitetail, but I'm looking for a new LH setup and it has been an absolute trip trying to find anything under $2k in stock.

I'm looking for something lightweight with a synthetic stock chambered in something good enough for elk hunting. Any ideas?

BAKPAKR

WKR
Left hand Tikka T3Xs pop up every little bit. I think you can find Christensens, too.

Last edited:

2muchhp

WKR
I shoot right handed guns. Out of ? guns the only lefty I have is a rem 1100.

I have had a left hand 308 T3X lite on order since August from scheels. This sucks

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

2muchhp

WKR
That being said I have pursued lefties and would love to see how I shoot a bolt lefty.

Spoonbill

WKR
Ruger has a stainless m77 in 6.5 creed and 300 win, but the stock is wood so you would have to replace it. I know McMillan makes left hand ruger stocks, not sure if anyone else does.
Weatherby and savage has some options as well.

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
It took me nearly 3 years to find my LH Browning BAR w/nickel receiver in 30-06. Constantly checked GB and various other sites. I got word that Browning was going to be making a limited production run on them, got ahold of the model number from Browning and waited. Finally got a hit on GB. It was up for 11 minutes when I bought it. It was worth the wait.

ericwh

WKR
Tikkas. I bought a 7mm rem on here used and there was just a .30-06 in the classifieds as well...

They are available new occasionally as well. Less now than before... I've bought 2 new.

LuvDog

FNG
Echo the others... Lefty Tikkas have been popping up on various sites. I'm guessing the US just got a recent shipment.

OP
tclipse

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider
BTW, your 270 would be fine for elk…
My .270 is on a wood stock with a 3-9x Leopold and it's been my whitetail setup since I was a teenager. In my deer woods the shots are under 100 yards and I'm dialed in with it for that use case, I don't want to make changes to it so I'm adding to the roster.

gunrush128

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 LH Weatherby Rifles for sale right now. One is a Mark V Deluxe in 300 wby mag, and the other is a Mark V Ultra Lightweight in 7mm REM Mag. Selling to (partially) fund the new Gunwerks Clymr Ti that I just ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know there was one or two lefty tikkas at sportsman down here in SoCal that have been sitting for a bit. I think one was 6.5 and maybe the other was a 300WSM

Holocene

WKR
+1 on a lefty Tikka at Sportsman's Warehouse.

Go to their website and 1) do a product search and if you can't find anything in stock then 2) submit your email for a notification of when it will be back in stock.

Another online supplier that has them from time to time is Midwest Gun Works. Great company for parts, too.

I got a LH 6.5 cm back in August from Sportsman's and had it rigged up for a Nevada cow elk hunt this December. I sold my righty bolts (shot them for years) and took the plunge. Liking it so far.

You could find many LH used rifles on Gunbroker if you want to go that route...

slvrslngr

WKR
Here’s one.

SouthPaw

WKR
Lefty tikkas and brownings pop up with a good selection of calibers if you keep an eye out.

You could also take the 2k and spend 1k on a good scope and 1k on ammo or reloading tools and a shooting course and be way ahead with your current rifle. It will kill whitetail and elk just fine and you'll be proficient in different situations with the practice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
tclipse

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on a lefty Tikka at Sportsman's Warehouse.

Go to their website and 1) do a product search and if you can't find anything in stock then 2) submit your email for a notification of when it will be back in stock.

Another online supplier that has them from time to time is Midwest Gun Works. Great company for parts, too.

I got a LH 6.5 cm back in August from Sportsman's and had it rigged up for a Nevada cow elk hunt this December. I sold my righty bolts (shot them for years) and took the plunge. Liking it so far.

You could find many LH used rifles on Gunbroker if you want to go that route...

I've submitted my email and am thinking that playing the waiting game on the Tikka is the play.

I've done some looking on Gunbroker, most of the rifles with the features I'm looking for (for less than $2500) are the two CA lefty models (Mesa/Ridgeline) and I've heard enough QC horror stories to be turned off by those.

Not much stock or selection out there right now, damn shame.