Finding wolves

So I was given an area where a hunter heard wolves howling near his camp multiple times. Wondering if anyone has tips in locating and getting them to come in during the day?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

N.ID7803

WKR
So I was given an area where a hunter heard wolves howling near his camp multiple times. Wondering if anyone has tips in locating and getting them to come in during the day?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Get up high on ridges or where sound will carry aways. Howl with your mouth or electronic call. Once you locate try to get closer then setup and use elk/deer/moose distress call, get ready. Canine in distress also works or if you have hounds baying or something like that. Wolves are very territorial to other canines. I make it sound easy but it’s not that easy. Just keep trying.

Get up high on ridges or where sound will carry aways. Howl with your mouth or electronic call. Once you locate try to get closer then setup and use elk/deer/moose distress call, get ready. Canine in distress also works or if you have hounds baying or something like that. Wolves are very territorial to other canines. I make it sound easy but it’s not that easy. Just keep trying.
This is what I have seen work as well (first hand)

Question though. Would you change tactics at all in deep snow/winter or does that not affect them enough?

N.ID7803

WKR
This is what I have seen work as well (first hand)

Question though. Would you change tactics at all in deep snow/winter or does that not affect them enough?
I am by no means an expert, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t. Elk/moose/deer distress is basically a dinner bell for a free meal. I haven’t tried in the snow or deep snow, but I intend to this winter.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckaz34