Finished my arrows for the upcoming season

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
I finally finished my arrows with only a month to spare! They took a while to complete but I am quite happy with how they turned out.
gyzmXs0.jpg

I normally shoot hardwood shafts but decided to try some Surewoods this year to keep my weight down. After cutting them to length and putting on the tapers, I flame crested the shafts.
vfVPPcl.jpg

Using aniline dyes, I dyed them to match some cool fletching colors that Ozark Feathers has available.
r36YS6h.jpg

Then I turned them over to my wife and she hand painted each shaft.
t3rRmxg.jpg

After six trips to the dipping tube, I pronounced them sealed and put the nocks on.
fHoW5YP.jpg

I was originally going to try some Grizzly broadheads this year but wasn't impressed with their QC. I bought 185 grain heads and the closest they came was 178. So I went back to 190 grain Meatheads. The finished arrow weight is around 640 grains. I sure hope I get to put some of these to good use!
Fp43VZT.jpg

dyQsC1G.jpg

A7zsZlE.jpg

tvOBpGF.jpg

dNPM5H5.jpg

ANBt74W.jpg

msxC95C.jpg

Darren

I think we’re very close then. I’m using the same shafts, same heads, but at 29.5” cut, 70-75 spine.

They’re coming out of a 56” hybrid longbow, 50# at my draw length.

As per usual, amazing work.

I'd have to use those as decorations, I get aggravated when I loose one of my carbon arrows that doesn't have near the time in it.

Great work.

Montyb

FNG
Those are beautiful! Will look even better coated in blood 🩸 Those are totally next level!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk