Fire Fighters- what’s the best way to prep for oral boards?

Braaap

WKR
Nice work! Do you have a chiefs interview now? Or just move straight to background check, physical, etc?

Mjgetch

FNG
Congrats! It’s a great career, especially for a Hunter. Keep working hard depending on the dept your going to work for training can be a grind.

Good work! If you get the job make sure to bring in some sort of donuts or supper your first day! Make that good impression to your crew on day one. Every department / station is different....keep with it no matter what...best job in the world

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations! You just won the lottery. I am a 4th generation firefighter on both sides of my family in San Francisco. I have done it for 29 1/2 years, am the senior Assistant Chief. You truly have landed the greatest job on earth. No matter what happens in your career, never forget how great the job is and what an honor it is to serve. You will go through times of discontent, frustration with change, disappointment with leadership etc., but always push forward and remember, the job is much bigger than any of the individuals who are causing you distress.
Every day is school day. Never get complacent, it WILL kill you or someone else. The day you graduate from the academy should be the low point of your knowledge. Learn something new every day. Resist the trends to change everything about the job. Guys way smarter than us figured this out a long time ago. Be a loyal employee, and treat the job with the respect it deserves. You are not special or entitled to anything. You are LUCKY. As your career progresses, find a way to give back more than you take from the job.
Enjoy the ride, it goes by quick. Most importantly, never forget, the fire service is a family. All of us.
if you have any questions or need any guidance, pm me.

OP
coloyooper
Congratulations! You just won the lottery. I am a 4th generation firefighter on both sides of my family in San Francisco. I have done it for 29 1/2 years, am the senior Assistant Chief. You truly have landed the greatest job on earth. No matter what happens in your career, never forget how great the job is and what an honor it is to serve. You will go through times of discontent, frustration with change, disappointment with leadership etc., but always push forward and remember, the job is much bigger than any of the individuals who are causing you distress.
Every day is school day. Never get complacent, it WILL kill you or someone else. The day you graduate from the academy should be the low point of your knowledge. Learn something new every day. Resist the trends to change everything about the job. Guys way smarter than us figured this out a long time ago. Be a loyal employee, and treat the job with the respect it deserves. You are not special or entitled to anything. You are LUCKY. As your career progresses, find a way to give back more than you take from the job.
Enjoy the ride, it goes by quick. Most importantly, never forget, the fire service is a family. All of us.
if you have any questions or need any guidance, pm me.
Thank you for this. I’m very excited!

JFK

WKR
Congrats on getting the offer. Don’t let off now. If you have an academy on the horizon take care of yourself physically. Don’t do anything where you could get hurt. Tie up lose ends at home and prepare your family for a busy, but very meaningful time ahead. Congrats again!

OP
coloyooper
Headed in for the psychological exam this week. I’ve heard that is the downfall for a lot of candidates. Not sure what to expect, just plan on being honest.

Braaap

WKR
Be honest and be consistent. They will push you to change your answers. They might ask you some very odd questions.