Fire season coming to an end!

Deadfall

WKR
Well....I live between great falls and helena in montana. There are fires everywhere, one a 20 somethin thousand acre thing a couple miles from my house on other side of river. My wife just informed me we have a flash food watch in effect for tonight.

Looking at AccuWeather it appears we only have one more 90 degree day for rest of year.
So there's some good news for those worried about fires.

Point is....GOD doing for us what we can't. Cleaning up forests and putting them out.

Kinda feels like we may be in for a long tough winter. Perhaps drive the others out of here....haaaahaaaahaaaa

This is first smoke free day at my house in atleast a month.

MortJ

FNG
Thats great to hear. Its funny how forward we look for rain in the summer now. I live in the interior of BC and it's all on fire right now.

JRMiller

WKR
I was backpacking in the Sierras this weekend and got dumped on, hard, it was great.
I was camped within visual of the upper Kern. It went from a trickle to waist deep quick.
Found out when i got home apparently there were flash flood warnings

GSPHUNTER

WKR
So far in So. Cal. the fires have been small and put under control pretty fast. But, We are coming into the real fire season now. Some say it's all year round and while there is some truth to that, Aug.-Oct. are generally the worst. Maybe we'll get lucky this year.

mwebs

WKR
East ID/ Wy has been getting rain and it’s raining currently however it seems to dry up very quickly when it stops and the sun come out. Not out of the woods yet, not close.

We had mudslides here along the Salmon last night between Challis and Stanley. several hundred cloud to ground strikes, but with how hard it rained there will not be many if any big fires. More lightning today and it isn't raining as hard (yet) as last night thankfully. Sawtooth also saw mudslides and roads washed out.

NIFC is still prediciting an above average late summer and early fall for Northern Idaho and Montana

TheGDog

WKR
So far in So. Cal. the fires have been small and put under control pretty fast. But, We are coming into the real fire season now. Some say it's all year round and while there is some truth to that, Aug.-Oct. are generally the worst. Maybe we'll get lucky this year.
If we can make it to October w/o a fire I think we'll be Ok.

Was caught out in a Monsoon in D11 on 12-13-2015. OMG I had NO IDEA it ever came down out there that Heavy! I had only like 5ft visibility for I think almost an hour straight! It came down that darn hard!

Hayden, Idaho. That airport is less 900 yards away, all you can see is smoke....

Never seen it like this before, pretty good wildfire up near my home in Priest River as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20210802_175205518_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210802_175205518_HDR.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 88
One of the slides that went into the Salmon River last night. East Fork Salmon River is the main source of the muddy river if any of you all are planning on fishing the next few days. Rain helped lower the water temp so imagine the fish are happy up stream.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210802-200643_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210802-200643_Gallery.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 147
OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
Well tge rain did not materialize in tge amount we hoped for. Atleast we got alittle shot anyway. Things looking up

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
No doubt the firefighting crews are tough as nails, and deserve much respect! Season like this only so much they can do.

I feel bad for folks that can't actually see the big gut at work around them.