Fire season coming to an end!

Tried going up the North Fork on sat am for some camping and scouting... Road closed! Smoke was so thick my sinuses were feeling like an ice pick was being driven in (which is saying something since we've been living in smoke).
Best of luck to all those in burn areas.

Idaho 4x4, that looks even worse than when i went through!!😲

Zbowman1

WKR
We are still hot, dry and smoky in the Lewiston area. My rain gauge is reading right at 2" for the year. Keeping my figures crossed some of that rain moves to the north.

Elk97

WKR
Bozeman got 1.7" yesterday. Some roads had 4-6" of standing water on them in town. Not sure how much the fires near Ennis and in the Crazy Mtns got, hopefully a lot.

sneaky

"DADDY"
One of the slides that went into the Salmon River last night. East Fork Salmon River is the main source of the muddy river if any of you all are planning on fishing the next few days. Rain helped lower the water temp so imagine the fish are happy up stream.
Yankee Fork was the source of mud above East Fork, Ramey Creek into Yankee Fork and into Salmon. It sucked above East Fork too for a couple days

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
Update. No torrential downpours, however there has been shots of water. Just enough for guys a ground to get caught up. Things are looking up

riversidejeep

Lil-Rokslider
Tried going up the North Fork on sat am for some camping and scouting... Road closed! Smoke was so thick my sinuses were feeling like an ice pick was being driven in (which is saying something since we've been living in smoke).
Best of luck to all those in burn areas.

Idaho 4x4, that looks even worse than when i went through!!😲
Dang it! , for a year now I've chomping at the bit to get back to the river to see if one of those cutthroat could pull me into the water! I see that there's a fire just down stream of Isabella and figured it would be nasty smoke in the canyon and now you have confirmed. Hopefully next year and thanks for your report.

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
Heck of a rain coming down. 45 minutes so far and still going. Radar shows from south of butte to Canada. Big storm. May not get em all, should free up some smokies to fight what's left though.

Looking up

IDLassie

FNG
Not much rain in central Idaho. It's been very selective on where it has fallen.
Haines index is headed back to 4 and 5. Drying out and getting hot.
Wind today and lots of it.
Not much of a cool down so far.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Not much rain in central Idaho. It's been very selective on where it has fallen.
Haines index is headed back to 4 and 5. Drying out and getting hot.
Wind today and lots of it.
Not much of a cool down so far.
It rained hard here this afternoon. We've had quite a bit of rain here at the house the past week. I'm guessing there's more slides to deal with after today's rain.

IDLassie

FNG
Sneaky, you could share the water a little? LOL
North of Challis and not that far not much rain has fallen.
Very selective where the rain has fallen.
Just a lot of wind yesterday. Like 31mph gusts.

Hot and dry out here in OR, but the fires are not quite as bad as last year. Bootleg fire is huge, but it’s at 96% containment. Nothing much to look forward to in the forecast either. Looks like it’ll be approaching 100 with zero precip all week where I’m at.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sneaky, you could share the water a little? LOL
North of Challis and not that far not much rain has fallen.
Very selective where the rain has fallen.
Just a lot of wind yesterday. Like 31mph gusts.
It was windy here, then rained, then windy again. What a day it was.

BluMtn

WKR
Well between the Snake river Complex, Lick creek , and green ridge fires there is not much left of the blue mountains in Wa. and Id. The Green ridge and lick creek joined together this morning taking out a large area of the Tucannon Wilderness.

Beendare

WKR
Fire season will never be over when we have idiot politicians catering to quasi environmentalist that dont have a clue and are putting Earth first tree spikers in place in key gov positions.

The environmentalists that restrict and shutdown logging and clearing have caused long term damage to the environment and much of the Climate Change they claim they are trying to stop.

How many millions of tons of particulate are in the atmosphere right now?

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
Rain started again yesterday. Pretty widespread. Hopefully the beaurocrats let the men mop up some fires after this rain and pour resources into other fires.
Of course there's no money in putting out the fires so who knows. Gotta be frustrating for firefighters when rain comes and tgen government shuts them down until fire blows up again. Which is what happen here after the last rain.

On a good though we got more rain in last 17 hours then all of June and july

Well....I live between great falls and helena in montana. There are fires everywhere, one a 20 somethin thousand acre thing a couple miles from my house on other side of river. My wife just informed me we have a flash food watch in effect for tonight.

Looking at AccuWeather it appears we only have one more 90 degree day for rest of year.
So there's some good news for those worried about fires.

Point is....GOD doing for us what we can't. Cleaning up forests and putting them out.

Kinda feels like we may be in for a long tough winter. Perhaps drive the others out of here....haaaahaaaahaaaa

This is first smoke free day at my house in atleast a month.
That is good news. I've had a couple of my folks go up to help in MT and across the West it's sad to see the state of affairs. It was human nature to put out fires but not having enough small fires and insisting on dense stands of commercial timber is what got us into this situation in the first place. I sometimes wonder if we'll ever be able to burn enough acres to get ahead of the stand replacement fires. I'm not sure we ever will.