Firearm trade

vthokee

WKR
If someone offered you a Tikka 7mm with a Bell Carlson stock duracoated barrel with Nikon active target 3-9 scope and 60 rounds of ammo would you trade an AR for it right now? AR is an Anderson lower with aero precision upper. On the fence about this but feel that the 7mm would be a great rifle for out west.

archp625

WKR
It all depends where your interest is shifting. If you don't have a rifle for out where I think the rifle would be awesome. The glass maybe, maybe not. What do you value your AR at?

rodney482

WKR
AR parts gun.......... the price has really not shot way up. Market was so flooded.

archp625

WKR
Not something I would feel comfortable using on a elk or mule deer hunt. However I’ve killed them both with a bow.
The Tikka will more than likely be good. I would trade if you don't have a rifle for big game hunting. The glass is a "bonus." I would probably swap scopes eventually. The rifle new is between $7-800.

Vandy321

WKR
Just my $0.02, I'd unload the AR while it still has inflated value. The Tikka is what, a $1500 build with the B&C and cerakote? Look at it as tripling your investment.

By this time next year, the market will be FLOODED with ARs when 90% these new gun owners realize the world didn't end and they have thousands of dollars in semi autos sitting in the basement that they don't shoot.

archp625

WKR
Just my $0.02, I'd unload the AR while it still has inflated value. The Tikka is what, a $1500 build with the B&C and cerakote? Look at it as tripling your investment.

By this time next year, the market will be FLOODED with ARs when 90% these new gun owners realize the world didn't end and they have thousands of dollars in semi autos sitting in the basement that they don't shoot.
Are AR prices inflated right now? I haven't really seen or heard anyone getting inflated prices.

Are AR prices inflated right now? I haven't really seen or heard anyone getting inflated prices.
I would say certain brands and certain parts are still hard to find and trading high as a result. I see more and more ARs in stock every time I visit my local shops And most that aren’t in that hard to find bracket are trading close to normal retail prices. Seems like some of the froth has come out of the handgun market too. local shop is back to listing slightly above MSRP and selling at MSRP, which is still higher than usual but much improved from a few months ago.

If someone offered you a Tikka 7mm with a Bell Carlson stock duracoated barrel with Nikon active target 3-9 scope and 60 rounds of ammo would you trade an AR for it right now? AR is an Anderson lower with aero precision upper. On the fence about this but feel that the 7mm would be a great rifle for out west.

I am guessing you mean a 7mm Mag? Sounds like a decent rifle, especially with the ammo. If you have plans to head West, then it sounds like a deal to me.

archp625

WKR
I would say certain brands and certain parts are still hard to find and trading high as a result. I see more and more ARs in stock every time I visit my local shops And most that aren’t in that hard to find bracket are trading close to normal retail prices. Seems like some of the froth has come out of the handgun market too. local shop is back to listing slightly above MSRP and selling at MSRP, which is still higher than usual but much improved from a few months ago.
I cant wait for AR prices to go through the roof. I will sell mine in a heart beat. It doesn't get shot enough. I would like another bolt gun.

I’m like 99% certain Vandy has it spot on...like literally couldn’t have been written more accurately.

BUT in the off chance AR’s become “NFA”, if you don’t have a 2nd one you might regret it down the road. More of a devils advocate take than anything. If it were me I would jump all over the trade. Makes me wish I had bought some ARs when they were cheap just for trade fodder.

OP
vthokee

vthokee

WKR
Going to meet up tomorrow and look it over and see what I think. Thanks for the opinions and different views I hadn’t considered.

Honyock

WKR
Some ARs are definitely over priced right now. A year ago you could pick up a Ruger AR556 for under $600. I saw one listed yesterday for a little over $1,200. Same for the S&W

OXN939

WKR
I see more and more ARs in stock every time I visit my local shops And most that aren’t in that hard to find bracket are trading close to normal retail prices.

Exact same thing here. I just find it weird that .22LR ammo and niche reloading powders have become absolute unicorns while firearms that the current POTUS has specifically said he plans to legally target are just as prolific as ever. You'd think there would be a knee jerk reaction for people to "get them while they can." I know there's a lot more nuance to the situation than that, but damn it is annoying.

Exact same thing here. I just find it weird that .22LR ammo and niche reloading powders have become absolute unicorns while firearms that the current POTUS has specifically said he plans to legally target are just as prolific as ever. You'd think there would be a knee jerk reaction for people to "get them while they can." I know there's a lot more nuance to the situation than that, but damn it is annoying.
I believe it is because of an overwhelming amount of 1st time gun owners drying up all the ammo, which in turn dried up primers and powder. And the 1st timers haven't graduated to Ar's
And everyone that is into Ars is mostly stocked up.